Question regarding multiple grid markers & tempo changes
    Tech Guru

Default Question regarding multiple grid markers & tempo changes

Sorry the title was meant to say "& tempo changes", not "7 tempo changes"

Ok, did a search for this and found loads of stuff but just need to clarify.

I have a track that is 132 bpm, but in the middle it turns into a DnB tune (so around 170bpm), then it towards the end it drops back into a (breaks) 132bpm tempo. I have watched Eans video on the rock samples being dropped over other tracks. It wasn't really relevant to me as I do this kinda thing all the time in my sets but use ableton to tighten everything up first (or just ride the pitch), so have never needed to get involved with multiple grid/tempo markers until now.
    So my question is this; what is the best way of going around gridding this track? If I have it gridded to the 132bpm tempo it sits fine with the metronome at the 132bpm bits (at the start and finish). Obviously the 170bpm bit is not in sync. The thing is I'm cool with this as if i were to drop it as a whole track I'd let the DnB bit ride out back into the breaks bit then carry on. But what I am thinking is it'd be a good tune to go from a breaks set into a DnB set, and it would be extra nice if I could sync the next DnB tune I play in with this particular track. So, I made a grid marker at the first beat of the DnB section tried to adjust the grid tempo but it adjusts the whole tune, not from the DnB bit onwards. Eans video states that the 2nd beat grid marker would only adjust the tempo from that point onwards. So I'm a bit lost here.

Basically, in a nut shell, after writing just an essay, is is possible to be able to sync the 132bpm bit AS WELL AS the 170bpm bit???

Confused? I am.

Cheers

don't thinkso.

What about having two versions of the track, one with a grid at the 132 and one with a grid at 170, then you could do a swift cue point somewhere for a seamless transition then you can sync your next d and b track to it.

Or you could just do it all manually beat matching
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Drop your grid marker for the first section
    Just before the tempo changes, drop another grid marker
    One beat before the tempo changes back to the original bpm, drop another one
    Move one beat over and drop another grid marker.
    So you will have 4 grid markers in total, but both 132 bpm sections "should" be gridded all nicely, and the offbeat section will be isolated.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i might do a screeny for you if i can find a similar track.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    i might do a screeny for you if i can find a similar track.
    That would be swell. Your instructions seemed pretty straight forward enough, I'll try it after lunch. If I can't suss it out I could just zing you over the track and you can do it for me? You get a free tune out of it. I'm prob gonna get a whole heap of piracy responses now.
    Anyway, let me know.

You should be able to figure it out mate, but if not, you can send over the tune if you like.

or name the tune

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud