Customizing Numark Total Control
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Customizing Numark Total Control

I have a numark total control and i am looking at customizing the faceplate. anyone have any ideas on this. the big problem is that it has like these semiclear places for LEDs to show through...
    any thoughts?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djalexlaine View Post
    I have a numark total control and i am looking at customizing the faceplate. anyone have any ideas on this. the big problem is that it has like these semiclear places for LEDs to show through...
    any thoughts?

yea tried to find the templates i kind of notiice that they are paper templates or kind of laminated paper just look fo teh templates in some website and cut them or go to a stores where they create stickers and do a face plate like a sticker the should be able to customized and cut it for u and put what ever u want on it im going to try to get u the website of a store here in my city where u create u sticker decals for u equipment and u just put it on !!!!

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Yeah look for any place that does custom labels etc and they should be able to print on to some vinyl or similar material then cut it out to any shape you specify with a vector drawing file. Have often thought if you could get that sort of thing printed on to that plastic they make 're-usable' stickers from that would be the way to go so you can change the markings as easily as you change you config file.

Tech Wizard

I am not sure if you already know about that, the backsides of the Traktor and Numark Cue faceplates, which you are able to exchange by pulling out the fader knobs, are clear white.
    I use the clear white, because I don't like the design of both, and I personally know which button does what without the descriptions on it.
    The markers where the faders are are still there, you could put little pieces of tape or glue on those markers and spray or paint something on the template...

Tech Mentor

I do know that there are blank templates, but I hate the white...

I customized my Total Control today. I flipped over to the white side and then put colored coded stickers to show me what I've mapped all my midi inputs to.

Yes, it looks crap but it does the job.

Tech Wizard

Alright I've found a method to customize it, looks quite awesome depending on the time effort.

Thats the copy of a graffity a friend gave me once (won't keep it but it is a good example), you can see backside of one of the templates that came with the NTC behind it.

now just put the template over the backside of the copy, stick it there with adhesive tape and paint the left-outs for the knobs with a ballpen. Push quite hard so the cutting will be easier:

Pull the faders out and put the copy on the blank template (I sticked the copy on the template where the faders are).
    Result:
    http://img3.imagebanana.com/view/ks7954zb/012.bmp.png
    Might (!) look really better if you take a paper that goes over the whole console and put effort in the picture.

€: Took me half an hour, I think it looks better than with the clean template
    And sorry for the bad picture quality but I think you see how to do that

€2: Pay attention on the leds!
    Last edited by DJ T; 05-08-2008 at 01:23 PM.

Tech Mentor

Hi Folks,
    doesn't seem to be a lot going on in this thread. But I`de like to reactivate the discussion anyway. I`m having some issues mapping the TC correctly, so I'm quite interested if you had any problems or if everything went sweet. Also I'm curious which buttons you assigned to which functions, maybe we could get a little exchange of ideas going, even if we didn't have the bucks to get a vci.

rock n roll
    J.

Tech Mentor

yeah there are some problems regarding the midi note for the button and the midi note for the lights glowing up.

here is a list for the correct buttons.
    http://www.djsmex.co.uk/T3TKS/6/

Tech Student

Default Corel can be useful

I've done this design for my total control, it's done in Corel Draw, you should spend some time in your own

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast