Vinyl rips... beatgrids?

Default Vinyl rips... beatgrids?

Guys... it's been a while since I did a vinyl rip.
    Yesterday a friend of mine brought me around 2,000!

Any suggestions for vinyl rip and possibly no bpm shift?
    Maybe the only way I can get around this will be using beatgrids once they are digitized to MP3?
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

what i found works best when beatgridding a song ripped from vinyl is using multiple beatgrids....

someone correct me if this process is wrong.

usually nowadays alot of new electronica type tracks are build in a way where if you drop a beatgrid on a down beat....the ticks will most likely be on point through out the whole song.

the example I used was a track made in like '95 ...I dropped one beat grid at the beginning and not even half way down the track the ticks are shifting. So I then use the 2 arrows above the bpm window to shift the ticks so they match up...I do this in various parts of the song from beginning to the end.

when I go to check to see if the ticks line up...they shift..

so what I did was, in the places where I shift the ticks (using the arrows above bmp window) ..i drop a beatgrid marker...and shift the ticks from there..

by the time i was done...this one track had like 7-8 beatgrid markers...

the track syncs nice now with other tracks.

If you have to record that much vinyl, I would recommend if its pressed @ 33.3 rpm, put the turntable speed @ 45 rpm & the pitch @ +8. Then slow it down in the music program that you are using. i.e. pitch down to - 5 or 6 %. It worked for me and I tried to see the difference by recording 2 records, 1st one @ regular speed and the 2nd one pitched up then pitch down in the music program. Then what I did was mix both tracks from start to finish and they were about 95% there. Keep in mind that vinyl always needs very small adjustments when mixing. So when it comes to beatgrids they are always going to be off a bit.

Good luck with all that vinyl. I had to press all my classic house & hardhouse from the 90's....

Dookie Booty! Dookie Booty! Dookie Booty! Dookie Booty! She Got a Big Ol' Dookie Booty!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

im pretty sure you can warp them in ableton and make it work.

Ableton Warp ftmfw

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Ableton Warp ftmfw
    That it, you need to warp it inside of ableton then save the file/reencode it, before opening it up in Traktor to start your beatgridding.

Thanks for the suggestions guys... Will be warping with Ablrton then beatgrids to see how it goes.

There are a LOT og really nice gems here in vinyl that would be great to have ready with beatgrids.
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin