X-Session Pro Pitch Bending
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Session Pro Pitch Bending

ok, so i got my second midi x-session pro running, now i got another issue: right now, I've got the pitch bends chained to the fast foward and rewind buttons. They work like toggles, and I can't seem to set them to "holds" Basically, I press the button, and it speeds the track up (or slows it down) until I press it again, and then it goes back to regular speed.
    the MIDI window won't let me select "hold"

found similar threads on NI forum, but no solutions were described((((

HELP

anybody

so you want to use the pitch faders as jog wheels? I tired on mine and gave up after about 10 min. I would say use cue points and set the them as hot key on ur lappy
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by hi_dub View Post
    I've got the pitch bends chained to the fast foward and rewind buttons.

Nope to buttons - id check out the vestax tks's pitch bends, the outside of the wheels actually act as buttons sending button information depending which way the jog is spun - so you will be using the exact same pitch bending assignments with your buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Nope to buttons - id check out the vestax tks's pitch bends, the outside of the wheels actually act as buttons sending button information depending which way the jog is spun - so you will be using the exact same pitch bending assignments with your buttons.
    did that..... yes, the outsides of the vci 100 act are set in the .tks as buttons. i use the exact same settings for the buttons on the x-session pro, but it happens like i've described in first post. annoying........

Quote Originally Posted by hi_dub View Post
    did that..... yes, the outsides of the vci 100 act are set in the .tks as buttons. i use the exact same settings for the buttons on the x-session pro, but it happens like i've described in first post. annoying........
    Look on a midi monitior, do your buttons send a note off when you release the button ? that could be the problem.

this is what they answered me on the m-audio support forum:

This all depends on how Traktor responds to MIDI Messages. It sounds like Traktor uses a MIDI value of 127 to toggle on and off. When you press a button, it sends a MIDI note with a value of 127, but a value of 0 when released. It's not until you press the button again that 127 is sent. Try editing Preset 8 (this is the active preset out of the box) and setting the "off velocity" to 127 for the buttons and see if this gets them to behave like momentary switches. After you send the changes from Enigma, you need to recall Preset 8 for the new settings to take effect. Press the "A" button on the back of the XSP, then press the bottom right cue button.

tried this at home, couldn't make, still searching for solution..........

well let us know if u figure it out, I always use my x-session as a back up to the back up vci-100.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

better use them both at the same time, like i do)))))))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast