First gig last night :D
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default First gig last night :D

Hey!

Had my first gig (joint 18th party) last night Did it for free, however a few expenses were involved which have been covered. Hired out speakers and a laser, had so much fun!!! Was expecting to be nervous as.. Was not at allll...
    Only got my vci on April 6th, so the night wasn't without some stuff ups but everyone was drunk so didnt care ;P haha

Now understand the 'requests' deal hahaha, i played the songs if i had them, if not pretty much said "na sorry dude, dont have it.."

15 seperate noise complaints to the police... That's a party

Couldn't have done it without you guys

Cheers,
    fusion
    Black VCI-100 SE Arcade #220/350 with white buttons / knobs & faders
    Audio 2 DJ
    HD 25-1 II SE

w00t

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Now you are a man
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

preeettyy liights
    Audio 2 DJ
    HD 25-1 II SE

Tech Mentor

damn dude that's awesome! I can't wait till my first event!

What kinda music did you mix?

Yeh dude, was awesome ay!

I play the housy mainstream top 40 type of music, with the odd actual house song (ie not top 40).. It's the music i most enjoy, and works out well because it's probably the most popular =]
    Audio 2 DJ
    HD 25-1 II SE

was that outside mate?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

yeh mate, house was definately a terrible set up for any sort of d-floor haha, so just made do with what i could..

Also, because the place i hired the speakers / laser from gave me xlr to rca cables instead of xlr to jack (for audio 2 dj, i told them that is what i was using but had never connected to proper speakers before so didnt know what i did / didn't need) i had to go up to the local guitar shop and fork out 50 bucks worth of cables, as it was a 50 min drive to the hire shop.
    Told them about it today, next hire = free!

You beauty
    Audio 2 DJ
    HD 25-1 II SE

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    yeh mate, house was definately a terrible set up for any sort of d-floor haha, so just made do with what i could..

Also, because the place i hired the speakers / laser from gave me xlr to rca cables instead of xlr to jack (for audio 2 dj, i told them that is what i was using but had never connected to proper speakers before so didnt know what i did / didn't need) i had to go up to the local guitar shop and fork out 50 bucks worth of cables, as it was a 50 min drive to the hire shop.
    Told them about it today, next hire = free!

You beauty
    Xlr cables to what now? I have an audio 2 dj as well and am wondering how to connect properly to PA speakers. What exactly did you have to buy?

Haha the party I played at last night got a noise complaint from the cops as well. Congrats on the first gig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast