Quick question on a couple of the buttons
    Tech Student

Default Quick question on a couple of the buttons

Hey guys,

Currently running with a VCI 100 - firmware 1.3 latest mapping , traktor 1.24

Quick questions about buttons. ( I've watched all tutorials, still confused)

I'm confused with 3 of the buttons in the top right section of the VCI controller named respectively FX type / Router FX & Control FX (as per DJ tech tools overlay)

Currently when i hit:

FX type; It changes the 3 effects to another set of effects in the top right (of traktor)

Router FX; when I hit it - it doesn't do anything.

Control FX; when i hit it - it just turns on the lights next to the button . . .

I think i am missing something very fundamental here.

If anyone could shed some light / give me a clue as to wtf these do. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Alex

Control FX is to choose which deck you will be using the four FX knobs and buttons with. When "1" is lit (Red LED beside Control FX button), you are controlling the FX bank on the upper left of the Traktor screen which is for deck A. "2" is for the upper right FX bank for Deck B. IF you have deck C or D selected, the FX bank now is effecting that bank. "Loops" will allow you to work with the four FX knobs to control the loop on the deck written beneath the FX knob (ask if this does not make sense, I tried...).

FX Type is to select whether you want chained FX of a single effect (which you will have finer control over than when in the chained mode). The FX bank changed by this button is dependant on which one is selected with the Control FX button. After selecting FX bank 1 with the Control FX button, watch the FX bank on the top right toggle between chained FX and a single effect when you press FX Type.

Route FX is a combo button. Say you really like effect you have set-up on effect bank 1 and would like it to be routed to Deck B that is playing. Press Route FX and while it is pressed, press the button under the second effect knob (labelled B). Now effect bank 1 is effecting Deck B (confirmed by the 1 being lit orange to the left of deck B that has a 1,2,3,4 in a square). This overrides the default effect routing that I mentioned in the Control FX paragraph, so remember to put it back if you need FX bank 2 effecting Deck B.

I hope this is clear. If not, ask!

Phil.

P.S. You should really ask this in the DJTT help section of the forum. Next time.
    Last edited by pilmat; 05-01-2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

makes sense to me and i don't use the tech tools map

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

"And sometimes less is more. I’ve seen DJs using a lot of gear, and they get lost in a lot of technical blah blah. It’s over produced and there are too many effects. C’mon, focus on the music. And the music itself has breaks and an arrangement. Sometimes I don’t understand DJs who put all these effects and loops on top of a well-thought out production. There are some DJs who can do that really well, but it’s only a few. For me, the way you select the music should be enough."
    - Tiefscharz

Is this what they are referring to ??? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Is this what they are referring to ??? LOL
    To me, yes. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" But if you use it sparingly, all these little details stand out as your style.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad