NEW to DJ-ing please help. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Just thought I'd add my two cents. If you've already got two xone 1d's (wicked score btw!) then you will probably want a mixer. I would consider a mixer with analogue (ie it can run without a laptop) capabilities because they are very handy for just having an ipod plugged in in case of emergencies.

As for the sound card, you might be able to find a mixer with a built in audio interface but then remember that you'll have to take your mixer to any event that you play at. If you have a separate sound card then you kit will be much more portable and customizable.

As for the program, I recommend Traktor but only because it's the only one I've used. Plus you'll get great support from this community with Traktor.

Traktor + the xone's will give you plenty of effect control to work with so don't worry about the EFX 500 or 1000.

All the best!
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

If you already have the 1Ds, you can't do wrong with the Xone 42 if you can afford it.

Tech Wizard

Figured i would ask my question in this thread. I just received my VCI-100se. I'm curious about some things. I loaded all the mappings in traktor and have everything setup correctly

1) when i press the sample button, but headphone lights dont light up like they do in the tutorial video, the recording still works and everything but they dont light up.

2) is the crossfader supposed to be so sensitive in traktor?

3)my route FX button is really really janky, i hope its not important..?

its too early in the morning to read any of this. but for learning the basics look up ellaskins and briansredd on youtube. they taught me how to do stuff before i even got my gear
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

I first learnt how to DJ using a friends CDJ's. After a few months on those learning the basics and A LOT of time reading on MIDI controllers, watching videos of MIDI controllers trying to understand everything, I bought a VCI-100SE

Familiarize yourself with every possibility before dropping any cash.
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

Quote Originally Posted by dorkimoe View Post
    Figured i would ask my question in this thread. I just received my VCI-100se. I'm curious about some things. I loaded all the mappings in traktor and have everything setup correctly

1) when i press the sample button, but headphone lights dont light up like they do in the tutorial video, the recording still works and everything but they dont light up.

2) is the crossfader supposed to be so sensitive in traktor?

3)my route FX button is really really janky, i hope its not important..?
    Why are you asking this in this thread?

Instead ask it here

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Have a search around that section of the forums first too before posting
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12