OT: Why doesn't DJTT have an OT section?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default OT: Why doesn't DJTT have an OT section?

Every other music related forum I have seen always have an Off Topic section. Why doesn't DJTT? Seems pretty obvious to me that there should be one considering it says on the title of this particular section "keep it digital DJ related", yet a vast majority of posts start with "OT".
    To keep this section digital DJ related can the administrators not set up a section for "Off Topic" subjects?
    Subjects like "I got drunk last night", "what do you do for work?", "what are your hobbies?", "what car do you drive?" and "post pictures of your girlfriend" etc, don't really cut it as digital DJ related if you ask me!?

I only say this cos people obviously come on here as a community, just think it would be more community like if there was a section people can go and chat shit about their lives like on other forums
    Last edited by dodge; 05-02-2010 at 07:16 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

+1
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

There are more than enough OT sites, (4chan, anyone?), so DJTT doesn't need one. Also, there is room here for off-topic posts, just not too much, i suppose..

i've hinted at bento about it in the past. it's seems an unlikely maybe, lol

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    There are more than enough OT sites, (4chan, anyone?), so DJTT doesn't need one. Also, there is room here for off-topic posts, just not too much, i suppose..
    That doesn't mean DJTT shouldn't have one, so we can discuss OT subjects with other users of this particular forum..

I think one should be implemented and rather than slamming the extra work of moderating that sub-forum on the already existing mods, have a few users elected and if they're up for it, give them mod powers on only that sub-forum.. A sub-forum for the people, by the people
    Black VCI-100 SE Arcade #220/350 with white buttons / knobs & faders
    Audio 2 DJ
    HD 25-1 II SE

Tech Guru

i love that this forum doesn't have an OT section.

off topic sections always bring out politics and religion. then like it or not, no matter what, even segregated, OT starts to ruin the stuff that is on topic stuff. sometimes people's whos opinions you might value now, might get destroyed because they like a different invisible man in the sky than you do.

really it gets in the way, if you wanna talk about that stuff, go to digg. please, dont bring it here. i just wanna talk about dj gear with you guys. nothing more.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Wizard

OT sections are what turn message baords from a general place that people post in, into something of a proper community where the members 'chew the fat' and get to know eachother etc.

If they won't make one, then why not have an "Off Topic Thread" - that's what I do on my forum

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    I think one should be implemented and rather than slamming the extra work of moderating that sub-forum on the already existing mods, have a few users elected and if they're up for it, give them mod powers on only that sub-forum.. A sub-forum for the people, by the people
    i also hinted that to bento well i say hint, was as subtle as a hammer

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I suggested it at first. Main thing is, DJTT does not want to have to many forum, just to keep it as tight as possible, no wild growths of forums etc.

Being that we have a general discussion forum, should leave the members of this community with enough space to start some off topic ranting.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I like the way djtt is now. I've seen so many forums with ton's of sections, and i don't want to sift through all that garbage. This site is simple and serves its purpose well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast