New electro night! Plz help! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy View Post
    First Vid was awesome, 2nd was a bit ... poor. Especially the mix was really bad (whoever did it should work harder on his mixing skills). But I think you're on a good way.
    What about 'electro pub nights' ?!
    '

i agree the video is not the best, was shot without proper lighting

The mix is not a mix just 2 songs mixed on video editing software

The pub has never had an edm night ever nor does the owner know what elector is

When I first asked him about bringing in DJ's he said he didnt want any "yo" shit. lol

He has agreed to let us bring in speakers, move all the tables and basically do whatever he wants.. again I have been at this bar since I was 17 years old

He also agreed to give me full cover from the door which is fair I think..

Thanks for the help guys I am going to come up with an event name in the next few days.. I'll keep ya posted!

LOL doesn't want any "yo" shit. Where is this located?
    Von Doom! aka Victorious
    www.isvictorious.com
    Gear list goes here - "It's the carpenter, not the tools"

Toronto

haha I'm going to be in Toronto all next month! Post a flyer. I thought people not wanting to hear "yo" shit was an American rural phenomena.
    Von Doom! aka Victorious
    www.isvictorious.com
    Gear list goes here - "It's the carpenter, not the tools"

our night is called HYPE! another night here in town with us is Haters Make Us Famous and Trashed!

depends on the type of crowd. fun way would be to narrow it down to three and let the regular attendees pick the name. would serve as a great promotion tool too.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dry_bones View Post
    So... who are the artists on the video. I'd like to know, some really good tracks on that.

Yeah, the person who answered after yours was right. They list it in the description to all the promo vids. My buddy i half of Pyroglyphics, and hes a great guy.

If only this was a dubstep night. I'd call it Pubstep. Or if it was on a whaling ship I would call it Blubstep. Oh, the possibilities hahaha.

Sounds like you need the help of a Promoter, ill gladly help you out for 20% of the profits! :-P

but for real man search the forums. Their are several threads that have info on how to get a night going, how to work with club/bar owners & promoters. Making flyers, promoting online and hell if you search hard enough you can find a thread on djing in pubs/dive bars. Be a pal and hit the search button, if you still have a question, bring that thread back from the dead! I'm not try to be a assh@le, so don't take this the wrong way.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123