Rebirth meets iphone !
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rebirth meets iphone !

If your anything like me then you used to play with rebirth years and years ago for some quick kicks Today is a great day because rebirth has been released for the iphone =D

Old School Hit Machines Meet Modern Mobile Hardware
    ReBirth, Propellerhead’s legendary Techno Micro Composer, Reborn as an iPhone Application

Stockholm, Sweden (May 2, 2010) – ReBirth, the software application that started a sea change in the 90’s with soft-synths in music creation, can be now carried in anyone’s pocket.
    [See video here: rebirthapp.com <http.www.rebirthapp.com> ]. Propellerhead Software today announces the immediate availability of ReBirth for Apple’s iPhone & iPod Touch. This is the first time a leading music tool developer has brought a complete professional desktop music application from the personal computer to the mobile world. ReBirth is a true reproduction of the Propellerhead’s acclaimed music-making software from 1997 for the iPhone.

ReBirth literally puts faithful emulations of dance music’s vintage analog hardware at iPhone users’ fingertips: the Roland TB-303 Bass synth and the Roland TR-808 and TR-909 drum machines. Combine these with audio effects units, fully featured pattern sequencers and a quick-acting, scalable iPhone interface and users will soon be making techno on the train, trance on the tram or beats on the bus.

Main features:
    § 2 x TB-303 Bassline Synthesizer with pattern sequencer
    The original Acid House and Techno bass synth. Unrivaled power, unmistakable sound.
    § TR-808 Drum machine
    Roland's sub-heavy 1980 beat computer. Instant hip hop.
    § TR-909 Drum machine
    The go-to beatbox for everything House and Techno. Press play and you’re dancing.
    § A number of great sounding effects and audio shapers
    Including tempo-synced digital delay, distortion, compression and special pattern controlled filter
    § “Mod” support
    Includes 5 original user modifications with alternative sound sets and graphics

More info can be found at: rebirthapp.com <http.www.rebirthapp.com>

Pricing and availability
    ReBirth is available exclusively through Apple iTunes App Store today,
    at a price EUR € 5.49 / USD $6.99

ReBirth can be purchased at iTunes here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rebirth/id368199125?mt=8

Rebirth is Propellerhead Software’s first application for any mobile platform. It has been developed in conjunction with The Retronyms, a San Francisco software developer. http://retronyms.com

About the original ReBirth RB-338
    With the release ReBirth RB-338 in 1997 Propellerhead pioneered a new era of music making by realistically emulating historic hardware synthesizers and drum machines in software on personal computers. For the first time, users could get the actual sound of those vintage analog devices without hunting down, paying exorbitant prices for and having the headaches of maintaining classic gear. Led by Propellerhead Software, this “virtual instrument” concept, seemingly impossible at the time, started a trend to the point that it now is commonplace in music software. More info can be found at: rebirthapp.com/legacy/ <http://rebirthapp.com/legacy/>

About Propellerhead Software
    Formed in 1994, Propellerhead Software is a privately owned company based in Stockholm, Sweden. Renowned for its musician-centric approach, Propellerhead has created some of the world's most innovative music software applications and technology standards. Musicians, producers and the media have praised Record, Reason, ReCycle and ReBirth applications for being inspiring, great sounding and of superior quality. Technologies such as ReWire and the REX file format are de-facto industry standards, implemented in all major music software. Today, Propellerhead’s products are used all over the world by hundreds of thousands of professionals and enthusiasts for all kinds of music making.
    www.propellerheads.se <http://www.propellerheads.se>

This is huge. More iPhone Propellarheads products to come I'm sure... I want Reason on my phone!

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

just tried getting rebirth to work on my laptop (forgot i even had a disc), doesn't seem to like win7, tried all the different compatibility modes and still 'no'

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

i'm loving this.....haven't been able to concentrate at work all day :-)

OH NO!! Just wait for Ms. Viral Marketing to get hold of two copies on her iPads, it will be game over for the rest of us. LOL

Downloading as we speak! Well, now I know what I'll be doing for most of the day.

Thanks Bento, Phil.

Edit: They should have made this an iPad app just for the screen size! Just getting it up and finding my way around (never touched Rebirth before, it's quite different to Reason. You can't see the wires on the back, LOL)
    Last edited by pilmat; 05-03-2010 at 09:15 AM.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Well, if It goes on iPhone, it should also go on iPad, if you ask me.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

It works fine on the iPad. Its just that when you blow it up to full screen (otherwise I would just use it on my Touch) the resolution is pretty cruddy.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Dammit, now i want an iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Dammit, now i want an iphone.
    if it's just for that app, you might as well chack out the Rebirth Museum, they've got it as a download on there, but no product support etc...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast