Finally going to start again... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Oh, I know what you mean, Tekki. I just think that there is a comfort and familiarity with set ups like the VCI-100 and the Xones that reflects the classic form of DJing. I think it restricts our mapping capability to a specific form of mixing. That's all :-)

Granted, I'm just as guilty of it. There is a point where forcing yourself to think in a different way might force us to create in a different way.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

I WOULD SAY GET THE KORG ZERO 4.... is a awesome all in one hybrid mixer

Hear hear Dvls! And luigi, right on the money!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

you can get a korg zero 4 for like 800 USD is about 520£ at (least here in Miami) just buy a good headphones and you will have extra money

800 only?

Damn son!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Mentor

yes sir i was thinking of picking up one but i was like mmmm i dont need it....
    Last edited by luigislaperig; 10-28-2008 at 12:40 PM.

sounds to me like you need a couple of controllers if you are going to be running both programs. you may want to consider this as it may give you not only more but better options.

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Thanks J!

I know something! I know something! XD

I agree there are loads of controllers to opt for, but still, the power of a controller lies within the DJ and his vision. (And next to that I just went along his own options. )
    This vision will lead to a mapping best suited for him.
    In the end all devices must be mapped.

It partly has to do with their vision, but if you only got very few buttons, a small handfull of knobs and some faders there is only so creative your going to be able to be with it - i cant stress this enough the layout of a device plays a massive part in the work flow of how you deal with your music. The most limiting factor in mixing digitally is allways the interfaces that are provided to us.

He needs something with a lot of different controls, especially if he wants to try both Ableton and Traktor and even more so if he wants to use both at the same time - zone mixers are soooo not suited to this at all. Zone mixes much more suited to spinning on some CDJ's or Vinyl and perhaps feeding the channels though your system for some extra effects.

These Xone interfaces are old and outdated(same goes with the Korg Zero), interfaces all generally doing is replicating the same old interfaces of the past but giving you some midi functionality for a extremely large price tag.

You end up paying for a load of analogue components that if are pushing the digital limits you would never use. These components add large ammounts of weight and space that could be used to pack even more midi controllers.

Wow! Guys your responses have been absolutely fantastic!
    Just a few things to clear up, i most definately won't be using both Ableton and Traktor at the 'same' time. But i could totally use them independantly.
    I also want the ability to be able to turn up to aclub, plug in their mixer if i want too, plug in there cd or vinyl decks if i want to. This is what made the D2 so appealing.
    Quite suprised at the amount of anti: D2 i've been reading from here. I know its a bit pricey but it, well, just seems to reek of quality.
    I need something that is going to last also. of course!

But yeah i'm still open to offers! I do love the look of the VCM600 but i feel i could be waiting a very long time for release.
    I've still got about the same kind of cash to spend.

I'm looking for really like an all in one, sound card, midi controller you know. Something i can plug in, map and get going! I want to be able to grow from it as i progresss also but dont wanna start right at the bottom you know?

Sorry if it seems so demanding guys! You've been a great help so far!

Dude, if you're all set for a Xone2d, then don't listen to them.

(Did the same with my BCR2000 and have not looked back since. )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast