Finally going to start again... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Honestly, Tekki is right. In the end you're the DJ. We all have our opinions (especially about the BCR) and, well, the first thing I tell any DJ I am teaching or giving pointers to is "Beyond the technical stuff (what EQ does, what a crossfader does, etc.) feel free to ignore everything I tell you cause it's how I spin. And you're not me."

My issue with the all-in-one is that you are completely restricted to that all-in-one for a while. You won't want to upgrade your sound card cause you spent so much on that all-in-one. Also, keep in mind that if you want to use time coding for Traktor you're going to need the Audio8, if that's what you were inferring.

I don't think the advice anyone is trying to give is starting you at the bottom of anything. :-) Also, I don't think our opinions are anti D2. We're just trying to show the counter to that format of DJing, which I think a lot of people have never seen and don't understand the advantage of.

Good luck to ya buddy
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

It still comes down to how much dough are you willing to spend.

Currently I am thinking of adding a Nuo4 and a good soundcard to my setup.
    I gotta tell you, regarding DJ-ing, I heared great stuff about the Audio8, also heared some bad stories about the soldering of the insides.

However it still remains on my wannahaves.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Sheph View Post
    If you are looking for a controller that is good for both Ableton and Traktor I think the A&H is on the mark but I'm scheptical about the 2D because it's sending A/D, D/A, and Midi through one(1) USB bus. that's a lot of data through one little cable! I recommend the 1D, an external mixer, and an Audio 8 or similar 8+ channel independent soundcard. If you mix internally, the VCI-100 is good for Traktor but not so much for Ableton. The VCM-600 is good for Ableton but not Traktor.

The negative about the A&H controllers is the form factor. they are designed to sit as tall and as deep as a mixer or turntable. great if you are using one or both, but terrible if your using a controller solo.

Hope this is a good start!
    I have the allen & heath xone 4d, and I have no problem with streaming 4 songs into it and using midi controls through that one usb so I dont think it will matter much for the 2d.

My thoughts with Frederik!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Hi and welcome, I just read tru all this and would suggest kind off a mockup, even thou u said u wanted an allin1 solution, how about an M-audio triggerfinger and an Audio 8? then u got faders, buttons and some rotarys, and u can still use it in both ableton and Traktor, and u have options for timecoded controll as well if u want to, and can use that in combination with the triggerfinger
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Well... You gotta know for sure that you don't want any relative message being sent from your controller.

If you're cool with that, go for a triggerfinger.

and Hammer, we dont mind if u r demanding, we like it that way
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Hey guys! Just watched a video on that trigger finger! Never even considered using a MIDI controller like that. Doesn't seem like to bad an idea actually!
    I want to be able to skim through tracks and i know i can assign one pot for that. A cross fader would be dead useful. Just from old skool habbits. I'm still leaning at the 2D. How long has that been out?
    ALso i was looking at the Mackie D4? Could i use that just on its own!?

Skim through tracks?

Mmm... If I am correct, the triggerfinger has no endless rotary encoders that are able to send relative messages?
    (If my assumption is right, this will lead to difficulties.)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Hey guys! Just watched a video on that trigger finger! Never even considered using a MIDI controller like that. Doesn't seem like to bad an idea actually!
    I want to be able to skim through tracks and i know i can assign one pot for that. A cross fader would be dead useful. Just from old skool habbits. I'm still leaning at the 2D. How long has that been out?
    ALso i was looking at the Mackie D4? Could i use that just on its own!?
    Keep in mind that with Traktor Scratch you can skim your collection by placing the needle in the center ring of the record and letting it spin. It will load whatever track you have selected when you lift the needle :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123