Win XP Traktor user account
    Tech Wizard

Default Win XP Traktor user account

I want to set up another account on XP for my mixing - with nothing else running. One big question, can you disable the network port on one account and have it enabled in another? just means I can disable all the security software running in the background?

ta
    Current Top 3:
    1. Loco Dice - Seeing through Shadows
    2. Light Year - Sex Education
    3. Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions (DJ Pierre Remix)

You can disable security software.. but if you disable a device with an administrative account (Wireless, Ethernet) that device will be disabled for all other accounts.

Honestly.. if you have a big enough hardrive.. (80Gb+) in your laptop (assuming you have a laptop) I would suggest creating a 10Gb partition and install XP there (dual boot) with nothing but your audio software. It will run a lot better.

Actually I had the same setup (another account) in my laptop until this morning. I came to work... read DJTTs, and since I donloaded the new Traktor Scratch Pro, I decided to delete that second account, ran a Partition manager software, shrank the partition, created a new one... and installed Vista 32bit Lite and Traktor + Ableton.
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin