Considering buying some things
    Tech Wizard

Default Considering buying some things

Hi im kind of new to djing, I had a cheap beginner dj controller and im looking to get more serious. I plan on buying a soundcard and getting traktor pro, and i really want to get a vci-100. My issue is I already have 4 controllers: lpd8, launchpad, oxygen 8 v3, and discover dj (I feel like if i bought a vci-100 id be wasting my other controllers). Would it be better to hold out on the vci-100 and try to make a nice mapping for these controllers to work together? or just get the vci considering its a nice long lasting piece of equipment. (Money isn't necessarily tight, but id rather not spend it if i don't really need to).

I think the VCI would be a nice replacement for the discover dj, and since that only cost what like 100$ (and I'm sure you've got your moneys worth), you could hand it down to some young kid and inspire them . Launchpad + oxygen 8 + lpd8 + VCI would be a great set up, pretty much covers everything

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastams View Post
    Launchpad + oxygen 8 + lpd8 + VCI would be a great set up, pretty much covers everything
    Similar to my setup. Just replace the lpd8 with a nanokontrol, and swap the vci for 2 tech M5G's and a shitty numark mixer(i really need to replace that).

But yeah, I think the VCI would be just what you're looking for. You can always start mapping with your current setup, and with a little editing you can replace the discover dj with the VCI later on though.

Tech Wizard

yeah thats what I was thinking. Thanks for the help