Korg padKontrol Revisited!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Help! Stuck with Korg padKONTROL

I've been trying to get my PK up and running with TSP. I followed all the previous postings on here, and the Korg forum about farmpad etc. I wrote my own config.txt with one scene and made each pad the same note and midi 3 for the midi fighter mapping.

I also have set the in/out as farmpad in TSP pref. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Anyone who has this working wanna share their config with me maybe?

It would be greatly appreciated. All I want to do right now is get the KP to work like a Midi Fighter, and maybe get the xy to be wet/dry chained effect too.

Thanks guys!

This site rocks btw. I'm literally in my first week of playing with all this stuff, and already so addicted!

2.4Ghz Macbook. Vestax Spin. Korg padKONTROL - running farmpad
    Last edited by knox; 05-03-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Help is on the way, check your PM :-)

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Convert

awww yeeah. thanks man! good luck with your move

Tech Wizard

yo knox,

glad to see someone else getting curious about the pK!

i'm an extreme beginner in most of this stuff, but playing around with farmpad has been really rewarding.

my setup right now works, but i'm really looking forward to spending some time, and hopefully collaborating on some tweaks and revisions.

i just have one scene so far, but on it, i've got a play button for each deck, then 7 buttons for hotcues. i use 4 switches for each deck to instantly bring up different FX chains and turn on the effects for that deck. (my setup is that effect banks 1 and 3 are dedicated to deck A and 2 and 4 are dedicated to deck B) once i've got my effects up, i have two switches that control which deck (or both decks) my x/y pad and its switches control. (i highly recommend you play around with switch grouping in farmpad. there's an a-ha! moment where you brain gets overrun with the implications of it!)

so i hit one button, snaps up three chained effects in bank 1, turns on effect bank 1 for deck A, then i use the three switches by the x/y (flam, roll, whatever the third one is) as on/off for each effect in the chain. x axis is wet/dry, y axis effect amount. it's pretty intuitive, but i know i can make it better.

anyway man, i'd love it if you kept in touch about your developments so we could swap ideas, tsi's and farmpad config files. my goal is to have my pK be the only thing i need... ambitious and maybe counter-intuitive, but it would be so ballin' just to show up with a small, cheap, midi controller and still blow people away with its versatility. shit is definitely possible with farmpad.

yeeeuh!
    15" MBP, BCD 3000, Korg PadKontrol + farmpad
    barely scratching the surface

Hey knox, here's what the farmpad text file should look like. This will act like a midi fighter in regards to the midi sent, but I'm having issues with traktor output keeping the lights lit. Might have to use Bomes because I've run into this problem before when I was making my other padKontrol tsi, that I still need to finish. Let me know if it works for you, and I'll see about recoding my other tsi to work without bomes, if it's possible.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Hey guys, I dont really know how old this thread is but I want to see if you guys can help me.

I have been trying to set up the padkontrol so I can use the midi fighter across the 16 buttons.

I can get the padkontrol to get into active mode, but I can't seem to get a config.txt to load.

So I got a couple of questions..

What actually needs to be in the .txt?

Is there a specfic format is must be in? like spacing?

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Porkie View Post
    What actually needs to be in the .txt?

Is there a specfic format is must be in? like spacing?

Thanks for the help
    When you download farmpad, inside the file there should be a readme.rtf that's included. Read that, and it will show you the syntax. Also, if you need to see what a completely basic one looks like, I have one downloadable on this thread. Also, make sure that you type in the complete file path to the .txt.

for mine, I type

farmpad -c /padkontraktor.txt

because it's in the root folder for convenience. If it's in other places, the command might be longer. Also, if you can get it into a different mode, the terminal window should describe the error, so if you have something wrong with your .txt file, it will say "blah blah blah, line 203" which means there is a problem on line 203 that is preventing it from loading.

Tech Mentor

I can post a cfg file if anyone is interested when I am done...should only be a day or two.

What I have is basically the midi fighter setup for cues 1-8, and then the transport as well. I am going to make a shift2 'hold' button to perform drum rolls via loop resizing while it is activated. I have 6 buttons for high kill mid kill and low kill on 2 decks, 4 deck focus buttons that are grouped and turn off when one or the other is activated, a snap and quantize button...a full screen mode button, and I'm working on a few more features. Would anyone be interested in something like that because I definately do not mind sharing...

Tech Wizard

Default yes, pk rules

Hi, yes i'd be definitely interested

Padkontrol TSI for traktor S4..... anyone..?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast