oh forget you apple, any have some advice itunes has mucked up my computer - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is such a cluster fuck for me. I'm writing this on my cellphone as restore on my laptop won't work nor will the xp disk that came with it. So for better or worse I am doing a reformat with the vista disk.

I'm pissed and semi placated with 6 pack and a 40 in me watching this ill reputed crap install on my laptop

Ps so pissed might go get another 40 while this bullshit installs

Drunk or not, ,not cool apple

Tech Guru

Goddamn...Vista eh?. You have my condolences dude. Seriously lol :|

ugh i did not understand all the negative commentary about vista til now.

it will not not recognize my wireless network. what was once a clearly understandable hierarchy in files and folders - is now plain retarded and confusing. at this point i am piss ass drunk and pissed that instead of spending what should be my friday night from work jamming and writing shit, instead i am just drunk and pissed; and as i write this - still dont know how to fix this. vista runs some retarded ass security thing every time i try to put in the xp installation cd and refuses to acknowledge it.
    what pisses me off the most is this laptop was a raw ass deal - i traded an ns7 for this cheap laptop because i needed a decent xp laptop. looks like rather than spending tomorrow, my saturday jamming til my girlfriend gets off work, i will instead be talking to a microsoft tech in india trying to get my install cd to fucking work.

Tech Guru

what does it say when you try to load up the XP CD?

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post

- i uninstalled some of the crap that apple piggybacks on itunes install (namely bonjour)
    Bonjour isn't necessarily a load of crap... because it's actually "a service discovery protocol used to locate devices".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_(software)

Sometimes the software bundled with other software is at the core of what makes the software you want work. pretty sure you need quicktime too for itunes for example.

I feel your pain though... i hate it when computer says no...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I never understood why Apple can't get iTunes to work smoothly on Windows. I know Windows has it's quirks but come on! There are so many programs that run just fine and do way more than iTunes.

I'm with rt24. Before I switched from Windows to Mac I just used iTunes for the mp3 transfers to my iPod. It was just too painful to do anything in that god awful program.

problem solved. i still like itunes for throwing together playlists, as both itch and traktor recognize the library. solution to avoiding this bullshit mess - downloaded an older version of itunes that doesnt piggyback this shit on me

Ahw I feel your pain mate, good luck. Maybe this will cheer you up, thanks to MaxOne for reminding me:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcHxiw9QIfc[/youtube]

Tech Guru

lmfao. I love it.

oh also, I highly recommend http://www.oldversion.com/

kicks ass!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast