oh forget you apple, any have some advice itunes has mucked up my computer - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by mrreck View Post
    Dont use system restore mate, and could've made all sorts of other changes that didnt want to have to do again, so was much quicker to just replace the .dll this time. Quick google search & thanks to this post & that site it was sorted in 5 mins. Might be useful for others who dont use restore, though +1 from mmauve as backup options.

Used to have system restore totally removed from xp and just run a really stripped down version so it would run without any issues, but have windows 7 now and has been really solid on 64 and 32 bit machines so leave all the extra stuff on. Solid with whatevers been thrown at it, which is cool.
    use it all the time i make a change, manually create a point before having a tweak or installing something, then it will specifically be that point in time.

i honestly don't get why so many people have issues with the utilities that MS put into windows? if they were so shit, why are they there? and who knows better about windows than the people that create it?
    yeah i've used my share of 3rd party software, but i always end up back to using the MS software in the end. especially when it comes to performance tweaks, why have a 3rd party version of something that already exists running? just unecessary baggage imo.

however i use opera for web, and removed ie8 as i prefer what it can do, but that is a slight exception.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    i honestly don't get why so many people have issues with the utilities that MS put into windows?
    often when i use system restore points the issue remains. there have been times that i have accidently deleted a large folder of music. system restore did nothing to bring it back. or ive had bad installations, restore points havent always removed every file. nothing is risk free

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    use it all the time i make a change, manually create a point before having a tweak or installing something, then it will specifically be that point in time.

i honestly don't get why so many people have issues with the utilities that MS put into windows? if they were so shit, why are they there? and who knows better about windows than the people that create it?
    yeah i've used my share of 3rd party software, but i always end up back to using the MS software in the end. especially when it comes to performance tweaks, why have a 3rd party version of something that already exists running? just unecessary baggage imo.

however i use opera for web, and removed ie8 as i prefer what it can do, but that is a slight exception.
    Cool man. Whatever works for you. Reason i didnt use system restore when i used to use xp was just because i never found i needed it, and was stripping all the features to make xp run with less baggage. Seemed to help it run faster, but then i had a slower machine back then. Didnt have a 3rd party version of it and wasnt complaining about any issues with it. Was just posting a link to a dll to sort the bonjour problem out. Alternatives are always useful as people have different approaches based on their config and preference.

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    often when i use system restore points the issue remains. there have been times that i have accidently deleted a large folder of music. system restore did nothing to bring it back. or ive had bad installations, restore points havent always removed every file. nothing is risk free
    when i last checked, it wasn't meant for personal files?

SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but try AppZapper. It's a free download for five free zaps, and it finds and deletes all the data related to a program you tell it to kill. Plus it makes a sweet sound effect.

Quote Originally Posted by dsharps View Post
    plus it makes a sweet sound effect.
    sold!

SoundCloud

If you download Bonjour and install it, it works again - I had the same issue:

[ame="http://download.cnet.com/Bonjour-for-Windows/3000-18507_4-93550.html?tag=mncol;1"]Bonjour for Windows - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com[/ame]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234