oh forget you apple, any have some advice itunes has mucked up my computer - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

yeah man... love it!
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by rt24 View Post
    Yeahh I don't use itunes except to get songs onto my ipod.

To manage my music I just manually make folders in my music (i.e. my documents). It takes longer to make playlists but it's much more efficient because I can actually make folders inside folders.
    I use RePear - let's me treat my ipod like an external drive. Simple. Easy. No Itunes. Win x 40,000

(oh, RePear can also be run from the command line, so I have an automation script that downloads all of yesterday's samples from Juno, searches for my Ipod and loads them all up, ready for me to listen to on the train the next day)

Takes some of the hassle out of searching for new music

Tech Convert

You probably sorted this now, but if anyone runs into the same problem, just dload the missing dnssd.dll file here - http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?dnssd and copy to your windows system folder

Had same issue where i uninstalled bonjour, restarted and automap wouldnt load, so added this and all works again.

this is what system restore points are for, find one that predates this, run it and try install again.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    this is what system restore points are for, find one that predates this, run it and try install again.
    problem has been solved since the original post but actually system restore isnt the precise act one would expect.

Tech Wizard

You could also switch to a Mac and forget,the bullshit associated with windoze.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    problem has been solved since the original post but actually system restore isnt the precise act one would expect.
    Yeah I usually don't trust Windows system restore for everything. What I highly recommend you do is install the OS from scratch, load up all the drivers, programs, update the OS, etc. Then use Acronis True Image to mirror the entire OS into a hidden partition in Acronis called SecureZone. This will allow you at any point to press F11 and instantly (under 3 minutes) do a clean install and revert to exact state it was at the time of imaging without dealing with any Windows dependent bullcrap.

As for any data, music projects etc - that can either be stored on an EHD, or if the HD is big enough, create an extended partition separate from the OS partition so that the restore process does not touch the user files.

On that note - ya'll motha fucka's necropostin'

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Yeah I usually don't trust Windows system restore for everything. What I highly recommend you do is install the OS from scratch, load up all the drivers, programs, update the OS, etc. Then use Acronis True Image to mirror the entire OS into a hidden partition in Acronis called SecureZone. This will allow you at any point to press F11 and instantly (under 3 minutes) do a clean install and revert to exact state it was at the time of imaging without dealing with any Windows dependent bullcrap.

As for any data, music projects etc - that can either be stored on an EHD, or if the HD is big enough, create an extended partition separate from the OS partition so that the restore process does not touch the user files.

On that note - ya'll motha fucka's necropostin'

now that sounds pretty fucking interesting, thanks for the heads up.

and on the mac tip - ive known people who have had the same bullshit problem on a mac. i swear you mac fanboys would recommend macs as the solution to heroin addiction. its great youve had no problems with your computer but more often than not that amounts to luck of the draw.

I also hate itunes but was forced to use it so that i could browse easily in traktor,
    but its really slow at scanning a hd for media, media player takes a few mins, but itunes has to be left over night. and editing tags in itunes is slow too

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    Dont use system restore mate, and could've made all sorts of other changes that didnt want to have to do again, so was much quicker to just replace the .dll this time. Quick google search & thanks to this post & that site it was sorted in 5 mins. Might be useful for others who dont use restore, though +1 from mmauve as backup options.

Used to have system restore totally removed from xp and just run a really stripped down version so it would run without any issues, but have windows 7 now and has been really solid on 64 and 32 bit machines so leave all the extra stuff on. Solid with whatevers been thrown at it, which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bcondemi View Post
    You could also switch to a Mac and forget,the bullshit associated with windoze.
    To be honest man, windows has always been solid for me, and this issue was from apple software, but yeah glad your system's working sweet and +1 for diezdiazgiant reply

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggers View Post
    I also hate itunes but was forced to use it so that i could browse easily in traktor,
    but its really slow at scanning a hd for media, media player takes a few mins, but itunes has to be left over night. and editing tags in itunes is slow too
    I tried loads of times with itunes over the years, but few issues like syncing with external players & the sluggishness & closed nature of various functions meant i could never integrate it as my main player. Shame as i spend a lot of time on my 350gig music collection & wanted it for the same reason. Couple of years ago i went with media monkey (from tip off on traktor forum) and its highly recommended if you looking for other option. Obviously a little getting used to, but for me it has more flexibility, no problems, and the main thing with traktor is being able to drag and drop files from media monkey direct to traktor. MM keeps itself organised by monitoring my music folder, and in traktor i mirror the playlists in mediamonkey by just drag and drop. You can also set automatic playlist in MM which is great for latest breaks with 4 stars, or whatever criteria you set...Not quite as automatic, but you can have them both open, with media monkey layout as you like, and saves the other hassles.

Apologies for "necropostin" Pretty new here.. figured it was worth the reply as may save some time as it did me. Props to a great forum & site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast