input needed for set up (bcr, nanopad)
    Tech Convert

Default input needed for set up (bcr, nanopad)

Hey everyone, long time lurker but finally registered

I have a bcr2000 already that i use with ableton but want to make the switch to traktor pro. I would like to use the bcr for all mixing and fx, and then get a korg nanopad for transporting/looping, etc...

It sounds too good to be true so wanted to get some opinions, such as will the midi programming be a bitch? will i have to use bomes?

The bcr has a ton of knobs which would be perfect for internal mixing/fxs
    and the korg nanopad can be set up with different midi pages. so page 1 could be basic transport controls, page 2 could be for cue juggling

the bcr is roughly $120 (just say a b-stock model for $70) and is pretty solid
    the nanopad is around $60
    lot of control for not a lot of money

You need to talk to Tekki, he know alot about the BCR
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Well, just to give you a short idea, I control two decks in Traktor DJ Studio with the BCR.

I am able to manage transport, beatmatching, crossfading, loco-fading(crazy fast crossfading) and loop control within one preset of the BCR.

May not look like enough at first, but I am building my skills and MIDImapping one step at a time. I still have quite some knobs and buttons left that I can remap to FX.
    (However, I am more keen to leave these knobs and keys for a few VSTfxs within Ableton.)

This setup has made me look away from vinyl, which I would have never deemed possible.

My recommendation would be, first try the BCR in Traktor. If you have tried it sufficiently and still think you need extra control, you can always add a Nanopadd to your setup.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert

ah yea i remember seeing your mappings now
    i come from ableton too, and now want to try traktor

cool, looks like its going to be possible

For me it works perfectly. I hope it does for you too!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Wizard

is the nanopad out yet?

I think so. Not to sure about it though. (I have seen it at some webshops, but have not continued reading, if it was pre-order or not.)