Oxygen 49 Dropping Out In Ableton!?
    Tech Mentor

Default Oxygen 49 Dropping Out In Ableton!?

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of a problem here. I just started using my Oxygen 49 with ableton.. no problems there. In a previous thread, there was a tutorial on how to make a Dubstep bass sound within ABleton with Simpler. I have the sound of the bass right where I want it. I loaded an audio clip of just a random drum line to groove with but as soon as I trigger the clip, the power on my Oxygen literally shuts off. So I can have the bass... or the clip playing, but not both at the same time. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

That is a weird one.

The only link I can see between the two is if the soundcard and Oxy are on the same USB power source. If the soundcard starts sucking too juice, the USB power source will not be able to run the keyboard. That is is only way I can see the keyboard switching off.

Does that give you any leads?

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Mentor

Well, I am on a desktop PC with an M-Audio Delta soundcard... internal PCI so I don't belive that would be the case. Perhaps I should turn off MIDI out on the keyboard ? I will try that when I get home and post results. Thanks

Tech Mentor

That was odd, but turning midi-out off did the trick. Thanks.