Residents Wanted!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

makes a residency more personal, which is cool. you really don't have to bring anything. would be cool if this caught on. no risk on damaging your equipment, and you'd most likely always have a backup on your home computer if something happened to the server. the only thing i would worry about is the lifespan of those computers, being in such a hostile environment.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

And yes, I agree on that
    Let's agree to agree -------------------lolwut!?

"each DJ gets an accessible network share that they can use to store their music"

Separate user accounts? I don't see how putting your purchased music on a locked user account that say only you would use would be illegal file sharing ?

Anyways this seems like a really cool idea, except I agree with Karlos...Most Dj's put quite a bit of time into their sets, I can only imagine 3 or 4 resident's all battling for their time on the machine to prepare their sets

Tech Guru

The real question that no one is asking is how they allow private switching of user accounts between djs at the end/start of a set, try telling the club to hold up while you log out and back in, sure you could play something on the cdj's but seriously who wants to have to bring a cd to select your first track such a drag (jk ). Also curious as to which mixer they are using in the booth, maybe they managed to find a nice condition korg zero 8? that would be the perfect choice for cdjs, traktor and ableton in a non mobile setup. (IMO)
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastams View Post
    Anyways this seems like a really cool idea, except I agree with Karlos...Most Dj's put quite a bit of time into their sets, I can only imagine 3 or 4 resident's all battling for their time on the machine to prepare their sets
    VPN from home. Prepare set. Rock it at club.

I forgot about VPN, I've used that with the school network I don't know why I didn't think of it haha, good call, this could really work. And to mpeterson it says they are using a xone:92

You don't need access to the server to prepare your set surely. It can all be done at home. Collection and tracks on portable media or just copied onto the server and your away. Or am i missing something?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

I dont see why it wouldnt be possible, but yeah change overs would be kinda difficult with just 1 system !

Having such a powerful server for an Ableton project would be interesting. You could go nutzoid on high CPU usage pluggins without having to worry about CPU usage. As for Traktor... that server is sooooo overkill !

Tech Guru

it wouldn't be great to just take your Controller and your external HD with your musics and your traktor configs to the club?
    No notebooks in the bags anymore

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

yeah in theory its great.

I wonder if they are gonna let you stick your ext HD in their system though.

Its amazing how many djs come up to me and say "can i bring my usb memory stick next week and play some tunes" They are genuinely surprised when i say no.

It is an amazing system they seem to have built. They must have thought of all these issues and have built in the means to do it safely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12