Residents Wanted!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Residents Wanted!!!

Thought I would share this with you guys.

The Warehouse club in Leeds, UK is re-opening and the are auditioning for residents.

Anyone who doesn't know it's a very famous club in the north of England and has hosted some of the top events over the years - KAOS/SOAK, Up Yer Ronson, Vague, Speedqueen & Technique.

Anyway they have re-fitted the club and want residents.
    Here's the good bit:

They have installed a Traktor & an Ableton server, an Audio 8, 2 Control X1's & 2 Novation Launchpads as standard as well as CDJ's & SL1210's.

They want Digital DJ's!
    And they are willing to take on people with no club experience.

I think they should be applauded for their forward thinking, Leeds is full of DJ's so to do it this way is cool imo.

Here's the link: http://the.warehou.se/

And here's the tech list: http://the.warehou.se/page/techinfo.html

Unfortunatley I got 2 kids now so I won't be applying, but I was lucky enough to play the Warehouse back in the early 90's a few times and I can tell you lot to go for it cos the place is rocking when full.

SC | MC

Tech Wizard

Damn, I would totally go for this if I wasn't going back to Ibiza next week!!!

Wow, that would be a dream start!

Shame I didn't get into Leeds College of Art for my degree next year or I would've been on that like a flash!

wtf?!
    that's so nice..

# 1 x Traktor Server - WareWolf I
    # WareWolf I is a custom built server running Traktor Scratch Pro. The server contains two Quad Core Xeon Processors, 6GB DDR3 Ram, four 128GB SSD drives in a hardware RAID 10 array. The operating system is a stripped down version of Windows 7 64 bit designed specifically for The Warehouse. The hard drive contains the FLAC audio files that our resident DJs use to play on Traktor - each DJ gets an accessible network share that they can use to store their music, prepare sets and customise Traktor to suit their style.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

this. is. sick.

Tech Mentor

This is so good to see, hopefully more clubs will follow this trend and push the art of digital DJing!
    http://soundcloud.com/jamesT

Macbook/Hercules Steel/Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Damn, If I still lived in Huddersfield I'd definatly be trying for this
    Monthly Mixes are found at!
    http://www.soundcloud.com/RPresley

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

WareWolf I is a custom built server running Traktor Scratch Pro. The server contains two Quad Core Xeon Processors, 6GB DDR3 Ram, four 128GB SSD drives in a hardware RAID 10 array. The operating system is a stripped down version of Windows 7 64 bit designed specifically for The Warehouse. The hard drive contains the FLAC audio files that our resident DJs use to play on Traktor - each DJ gets an accessible network share that they can use to store their music, prepare sets and customise Traktor to suit their style.

I dont get it.

Do you have to use the clubs system? Can you not bring your own laptop with your pre-prepared sets etc.

Seems like a drag having to use the clubs WareWolf system. I mean its cool that they are accepting traktor/ableton djs etc but having to import your music to their system just seems like a snide way of building a huge library not to mention illegal file sharing. Yes it is illegal.

I do all my prep at home and i do a LOT of prep.

I hope they have a Traktor expert to sort the mess our after guys change tsi and layouts.

Sounds like a cool gig though. Last time i went to the Warehouse in leeds was for some bands a Looooooong time ago.

Nah it's unlikely they don't allow you to use your own laptop. However, if you are a resident at their club, why not use their own server if you can upload files from home etc.?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Not sayin its a bad idea just that its fraught with issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast