1 Otus and 1 Xp10 and something more for Traktor Pro

Default 1 Otus and 1 Xp10 and something more for Traktor Pro

so I have had this idea about using 1 OTus and 1 xp10 for 4 deck controll and got confirmation from EKS that it will be possible to use an Otus and an XP10 on the same system for 4 channels of audio out, and the EKS ASIO is supporting this.
    so my plan atm is to have 1 Otus for deck A and B for all main tracks in traktor using the Otus 2 layers for that, and 1 xp10 for controling decks C and D using focus and running loops and stuff on those 2, think it will be kinda nice and portable till the 2nd otus comes along

routing audio will be done using the Otus for a, b and c, and deck d will use the xp10

what im thinkin of here is more buttons and mabey some faders and/or rotarys for effects and cuejumping and so,

so what do u guys recomend?
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

the idea was that if u have a midi device and want to push it bcuz of the gr8ness off it pls say why and so, thx

vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Stick away from deck focus like the plague it causes all sorts of issues especially if you are mixing up different midi devices.

I was the one saying its best paired with a midi mixer in discussion of this device in the digital dj hardware section. I personally dont think the EKS is really an all in one solution, by complimenting it with midi gear you can take your mixes a bit futher. With a midi mixer you can concentrate more on on implementing beatjumps, looping, cue juggles, smart-knob fx and the list goes on. Digital mixing takes a hell of alot of buttons which the Otus just doesnt have enough of in my opinion.

Paired with a VCI i think they would be pretty cool though - that way you could have access too all 4 decks eq's and jogs at the same time ontop if giving yourself a good dose of much needed buttons.

I don't think that button focus is that bad. Actually my whole system relies on it. The only problem is, you really need to be observant of where your focus is... So I guess it can be bad if you are not paying attention... or drunk.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    I don't think that button focus is that bad. Actually my whole system relies on it. The only problem is, you really need to be observant of where your focus is... So I guess it can be bad if you are not paying attention... or drunk.
    Its not just that though, say if you are using deck focus on your VCI and your Otus at the same time, then you are playing with an eq on the otus while with your other hand you are reaching for an effect. The deck focus on message on the VCI will trigger the deck focus to change on the EKS. Its not so bad when your using a single device, but it becomes a major pain when you start mixing devices.

That does sound annoying. Some clever mapping needed for that.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

that can be solved partly by mappin focus for decks C and D for the vci, thats what im gonna be usin on the "looper" xp10 so that it only has acces to deck C and D

vestax PMC-CX

ahh ye, I forgot to say i will be using an external mixer, so the xtra faders and knobs and buttons will be used for cuejumping and effex, kinda, havent rly setled to what i wanna do yet, thats why i asked for some suggestions

vestax PMC-CX

You cant have indepedant deck focus's I beleive.

As in you cant have your EKS otus change between deck A and C while your XP 10 switches in between deck B and D - not with deck focus anyway.

Its all specuation as to how its going to be set up anyway - no one knows if the button down the bottom simply changes deck focus or if it changes the midi messages that the device sends worry about that when you get the device - it doesnt matter how the cake is cut there will be a solution to do what you need it to do.

More imporant is the original question.

If your using an external mixer i would think about grabing something like a Trigger finger, the extra buttons, faders and knobs will help alot. One thing is for sure, digital mixing needs a hell of alot of buttons for full deck control.

they way i have understood it, the Otus is not supposed to use Traktors focus, it is 2layerd in itself, so the "focus" of the Otus is in the unit, independent of software,

and the Triggerfinger is the unit of choise? ill take a look and think and speculate of how im gonna set it all up, thx m8 ;D

If any1 else has any suggestions, pls give some ideas

vestax PMC-CX