HELP!! if i plug two controllers in at the same time they mess each other up!
    Tech Wizard

Default HELP!! if i plug two controllers in at the same time they mess each other up!

hey guys,

i've seen this on here before. but my problem is that i'm trying to use my VCI and my korg nanopad. when i plug my VCI in first it works fine, when i plug my nanopad in it starts messing with the VCI's mapping. e.g buttons don't do what they were supposed to or they do two things stop the deck and turn effects on etc..

i understand that this has something to do with midi channels (correct me if i am wrong). if so how would i go about doing this or any other things i should do to correct this problem?

thanks

I'll assume you are using Traktor. In Preferences click on Controller Mapping, then select the VCI from the top drop down list. Make sure the In and Out port are set to Vestax. Now do the same for the Korg, set it's In and Out port to Korg (the exact name I do not know as I don't have one). Now they should not conflict as Traktor will now only look at each individually.

Let us know if this helps.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

or you can change the channel on the nanopad in the korg editor.

good luck
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

I generally always place each of my midi devices on seperate channels

VCI - channel 1 (from what I understand this can't be changed)
    MPD18 - channel 2
    Novation Xio - channel 3

Haven't found a need to have any devices on the same channel yet, so it works well for me.
    As charo mentioned, assign a different channel in the korg editor ^_^

Change the channel on your nanopad to 2, that should solve the problem mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

hey guys thanks it works just fine now