nasty crashes in traktor 3.4...
    Tech Mentor

Default nasty crashes in traktor 3.4...

well, i need some help trying to sort out an issue im having with traktor 3.4. i will describe the setup and then the issue...
    i am running windows vista and traktor 3.4 on a MSI ex625. i have a numark total control, trigger finger (with USB hub to make it work...) and an audio kontrol 1.

basically, after a short period of time (like 10 minutes) the trigger finger stops sending midi data. a few minutes later, the software freezes. the music still plays and the numark continues to control the software (i can adjust volume and such) but the screen is frozen and such.

any thoughts? i looked at the problem reports and solutions for windows and there are 2 different things that come up. one is called AppTermFailureEvent and the other is AppHangB1.

Tech Mentor

looks like the trigger finger is causing the issue. i need to continue some tests... any thoughts on a replacement? was thinking an akai lpd8 (on the cheap end) or an x1 (on the expensive end)

Tech Mentor

interesting... i plugged it into a different USB port and it seems to work now... any thoughts?

power ? You said you ran it through a hub, was it a powered hub ?
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Mentor

i can power it, but i never needed to in the past... i have it plugged into a different port now (a USB/eSATA port) and it seems to be working properly, tested it for about an hour. before it would lock up every 10-15 min... i will continue to test it and see. but why would simply moving it to a different port make a difference?