Any regrets?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any regrets?

Default Any regrets?

QUESTION? have any of u guys regreted selling ur tables and getting midi controllers...? if so why...
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Id keep the tables, they are fun to play with *shrugs*

I went out and bought some a few months ago so i could play with DVS - helps to keep things interesting.

Had my 1210's for 23 years so erm no regrets don't think they will ever part with me until i am 6ft under lol

Tech Mentor

Keep 'em.
    I have my vci-300. And other midi devices.

But the one thing i always dream about, Is having two technics and a mixer sitting on my table at my disposal.

I sold off my CDJ 1000's but i'll always keep my technics no matter how many controllers I invest in as I cant part from my record collection it took far too long to get some of those records and some of them have funny stories attached too

Never actually owned my own TTs. I learned how to DJ on my buddy's 1200s with Final Scratch 1.0, And moved on to controllers from there. My boss does have a brand new Numark battle pack still in the box in our shop that I've been eyeballing lately, though.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Mentor

i got out when the getting was good. sold my turntables (numark 1625s) to a guy for about 100 bucks less then i paid and sold of the majority of my vinyl. about 6 months later, the market was flooded with people selling TT and vinyl.
    i do miss it sometimes, i wouldnt say i regret doing it. to be honest, it was one of the best moves i made, especially because i started playing house when i got traktor. so i didnt need my vinyl anymore anyway. i kept some of my more rare/sentimental records, which is great. but they are all in storage at my parents place while i am living in england.

I was going to sell my 1200s + Vestax mixer to get my VCI-100se... but alas, I could never pull the trigger. Having a decent sized record collection... and just the memories... I might be able to sell them some day, just not yet.

I'm new to DJ'ing so all I've known is Midi controllers. I guess you could say I go against the grain, as I would never want to have to use a turntable for anything other than sampling.... [puts on flame suit]

I DO regret selling my ASR-10 however... although it funded and made way for new gear I'm currently using so...

I sold my Technics... and I regret it

I literally never used them though in like a year and half once i got my VCI, they were just sitting in my loft, and I cant really justify the space to have em set up...

TBH if the regret ever gets too severe i'll just buy some more... they were pretty battered anyway. 2nd hand decks aren't too hard to pick up...

Now my biggest regret was selling a handful of old skool hardcore records about 18 years ago...

Luckily I managed to re pick them up again over the years and any that I couldn't i've managed to DL so i've got em all back

I learnt never to sell vinyl again. That shit is much harder to replace.

I sold my serato as well... but to one of my best mates so still get to use it

I had a go on his (my) serato and decks the other day and i did sort of enjoy it... but i missed my VCI and the stuff i could do with it more than i enjoyed beatmatching on a DVS...

I'd be interested in using Scratch Pro now though (spec after what Qbert said) but that'd mean getting an Audio 8 instead of my AK1 and that i just can't justify...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast