DJ Qbert compares Traktor Scratch Pro and Serato
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default DJ Qbert compares Traktor Scratch Pro and Serato

Must be nice to have test vinyl... of course Q can sway masses with his review so it makes sense that NI and Serato would accommodate him. Based on this review, I wonder if he was using an SL3 (this might be a contributing factor)

I can't wait to see how he moves forward with this.

Nice find !

I just checked out the comments on YouTube.... some peeps are not happy about Q's reluctant verdict. Very interesting that he even did a review... I would have thought that Qbert and DVS was like oil and water...sign of the times I guess!

Tech Guru

also interesting to hear him know what other folks are using as well.

All bullshit aside - "QBERT" just picked Traktor over SSL. Thats HUGE!!!

Tech Guru

people would have been pissed no matter what he picked.

cool find
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I saw he tweeted that yesterday, but didn't get a chance to check it out. It's all about what software you like.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Someone in the comments made a good comment, they talked about changing the threshold setting inside of Serato so that the needle doesn't jump with tiny (vibration tiny) movements of the turntable.

Yes Serato has FX which he did not mention, but everyone who i have ever talked to who's tried both pieces of software prefers Traktors FX. If you ask me though Ableton FX put them both to shame Even more so with M4L which gets into the realms of nutzoid.

I think the difference between Traktor and Serato in terms of DVS is basically null, the technology is SOOO refined nowadays with the big DVS makers - the difference is in all the other stuff they have. Serato has the bridge, while Traktor has a slew of lots of other stuff smaller functions that when combined still give the Bridge a bit of a run for its money.

Fucking A!

My fav turntablist.....now also loves Traktor.

This....is ...HUGE.

!!!!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Native Instruments must be itching at the bone to put Qbert's picture up on their website....

I do agree with Bento... DVS supremacy between TSP and SSL is kinda moot point at this stage of the game. The shift away from conventional vinyl has been written on the wall for a while now... depending on how you look at it, this is an exciting time to be a DJ.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast