[DEMO] Max4Live Smart Knob
    Tech Mentor

Default [DEMO] Max4Live Smart Knob

Hi All,

Many of the max4live devices so far concentrate on producing, as a DJ i've tried to focus on performing live devices and so my latest device is inspired by the work of Matt Moldover and Ean Golden's work on smart knobs....

Sm4rt allows the user to draw the behaviour of a macro over the course of 127 steps, this is then controlled by one knob allowing you to for example.....

Have a filter that increases in frequency to a point and then allow the resonance to rise whilst an LFO climbs.....

Have a phazer that goes to full wet by half way and then have a beatrepeat kick in with an autopan gater climbing at the 3/4 mark....

The uses are endless merely limited by the 8 macros of a rack..... I've designed it so it will work with a rack of up to 8 chains and can control up to 3 different racks placed after the device....

As my videos in the past have been long drawn out affairs with me talking cockney throughout them the video below is a quick audio demonstration of what the device can do.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUYICQiabc8

Any questions, feedback let me have it!!

Cheers
    D

Using graphs was my idea - i demand monetary compensation lol

Tech Mentor

The minute i make a penny from it mate!!

Thinking base level would be this version, gotta find a way to make it premium which i think is where you and i come in with regards to the drawing functionality and proper curves etc.....

Cheers
    D

Just checked out the vid for this over at ALDJ. Looks great. Sm4rt knobs are the way forward...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Cheers man,

Now available for download over at Max4Live.com

Cheers
    D