UK controllerists needed for night in norfolk

Default UK controllerists needed for night in norfolk

Me and a mate (who uses apc40) are setting up a controllerism night for the end of june - sunday 27th at a bar in kings lynn. We're looking at the time being from around 4/5ish to about 10ish - as it's a sunday and people have work on the monday

we've got the venue and date pretty much sorted, but before we put pen to paper all the way we want to know if there's anyone else that wants to play? don't fancy doing it just ourselves and don't know of any other 'local' guys using pure midi setups.

the venue is your typical bar, but it has 2 rooms, we're using the upstairs one which has more of a mini club feel to it. the usual crowds that roam through there during the week are used to the 'computer dj' thing to, so shouldn't be any worries or 'fake dj taunts' . in the fact the booth upstairs just has a pc running vdj on external routed to a beaten up pioneer mixer...

musically we're not too fussed, as it's a sunday we don't want to it hit people to hard, but as long as you're rocking the midi it's cool.
    edit; i play electro/breaks and a bit of minimal - so you know my idea of 'not too hard'

i (reluctantly) have to say no dvs, a) mainly because of space and b) we have the image of just midi controller rigs running - which will have a greater impact as people round here and used to seeing turntables/cdjs all over the place* and the full digital side of things is only now starting to appear. also c) it may create a negative bias towards towards anyone not using tt/cdj in their setups if people see someone with turntables.
    in future, if this goes well, we will consider dvs, but on this first one we want to keep jiggling equipment around to as much of a minimum as possible.

if you're interested either post here or pm me.

edit 2; we may be able to cover some of your travel expenses if you need it

*i will state now that i won't get into any debates about whether people give a shit or not about what you use etc... like i said the 'no dvs' is mainly because of space
    Last edited by BradCee; 05-11-2010 at 08:48 AM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Hi Brad,

I would be up for it if all is well? I only live in Leicester so it isn't that far realistically, about an hour in the car?

I have only had my VCI about a 3 weeks but have been a DJ for 12 years and I'm making good progress with it now so by the end of June I'll be sweet.
    I play Electro/ techno/ funk type stuff which I have a lot of stuff on the lappy so this what I would probably stick to if that wasn't too much for your evening? On vinyl I used play all sorts but haven't got that much of it backed up digitally.
    Let me know.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

yeah that sounds cool, i play more the electro house/breaks side of things any, so my idea of not too hard is anything below about 140bpm, lol.

i'll keep you posted.

SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

i would love to come up, but that is a pretty long way from gatwick...

i dunno, i've gone all the way to london to play for a couple of free drinks in the past...

SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

not sayin i wouldnt be interested soonish. the timing is also a bit off for me and i dont drive, so it would be the train... june is looking like a really busy month... keep posting stuff, if you get some stuff organized that i can make work im totally interested.

cool.

SoundCloud