Can someone walk me through beatmatching in TPro?

Default Can someone walk me through beatmatching in TPro?

I'm wondering how you guys are beatmatching using TPro? My sync function is more or less unreliable, so I figure it's a good time to do it by hand.

Additionally, the pitch faders on my VCI seem psudo-worthless. I try to adjust the pitch, and I have to wiggle the fader around a bit to get it to move in TPro, which can throw the pitch off. It seems like it needs to be more sensitive...

Anyone have any fixes or workarounds for this?

Thanks techies!

Your gift for your help is a pictar of this hot DJ chick:

Tech Guru

pitch faders are notttt good on the vci. they can be decent, but they will only go 4% either way really. A fix for this was to map the jog wheel to pitch (not like, temporary) so you can have pretty damn good control over the pitch (you could still nudge bend it with the outer wheel)

why is Sync unreliable for you?

Tech Mentor

How well the sync button works depends on how good of a grid is laid down in the song, I beat tap then adjust my grids and then the sync button works pretty well (not perfect but pretty well for most songs)

Tech Guru

hmm, well, since you do plan on looking into beatmatching, a real easy way to do that is to beatmatch the masterclock metronome to your track, while you are setting your beatgrid

Setting beatgrids is essientially a form of beatmatching. But you only have to do it once haha.

It might seem like it takes a lot of time, but if you take into account that you only have to do it once (not every time you load a track) it can really pay off

Ean did a good tutorial some time back.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/03/0...n-traktor-pro/

If you still want to beatmatch, there a tons of guys who can help you out a lot more than me hahaha.

Here's the thing... I did watch the tutorial by Ean. I think starting the grid at the point where the mix should be finished by is genius, so that's what I've been doing. However, after doing all of my library, I find that MOST simply don't want to sync. I have to keep switching the master button to get them to sync, even then it looses sync sometimes.

Ultimately I'd like to be able to learn beatmatching and have sync work.

The way I've been doing it is loading a new track close to the last track's bpm... hit sync... wait for a breakdown... then mix the new track in.

Is the idea of beatmatching to play the other track and click the nudge till it's on point and then adjust as it drifts? Or to play the track and get a perfect 'non-drifting' match?

Guess that last part is the thing I'm a bit fuzzy on... thanks guys!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

These Traktor Bible Tutorials will help:

Staying In Sync: http://www.traktorbible.com/en/tutorial4.aspx

BeatGridding: http://www.traktorbible.com/en/tutorial2.aspx