Importing to UK

Thread: Importing to UK

Default Importing to UK

I've purchased a VCI 100 arcade from the web store can anyone advise is there anything i need to do with customs to make sure it gets delivered to my door as i haven't a clue

Contact them (DJTT) and ask if they will add "gift" to the shipping label to avoid any customs extra charge.

Although saying this i did do this and it wasnt done and i got stung extra
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

i take it that customs will hold onto the package too till the fee was paid?

Tech Mentor

I like to think of myself as a bit of an expert on things coming from America!

Im pretty certain it will come through by ParcelFarce, however if you just leave it up to them it will take about a week more than it needs to. Follow the tracking on the Parcel Force website, check it once a day or so if your impatient like me! When it gets to the "International Hub" in Coventry the customs charges will need to be sorted out, so that will take a few days. When you get a message like customs cleared or something your getting close, basically the day after that it will be transported to your local depot.

Now this is the bit where you can make it quicker, usually ParcelFarce send you a letter, yes, a snail mail letter to tell you your parcel is here but you need to pay customs. They then come and deliver it to you, another 2 days or so later. So you can save about 5-7 days waiting by doing my way.

Find out the number for your local depot, when you see on the tracking something like on route to depot then it will be there that day. So the day after you ring the depot and say Id like to pay my charges, then if you can go to the depot and pay them and you have your parcel, or if not pay over the phone and they will deliver the next day or so.

So there you go a massive essay about parcel force and customs, and how to save 5 days or so on waiting for a parcel!

The bottom line is that if a parcel is declared as a gift, there is no VAT.

Otherwise you will have to pay VAT before the item can clear customs, which can have an affect on your delivery time.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    The bottom line is that if a parcel is declared as a gift, there is no VAT.

Otherwise you will have to pay VAT before the item can clear customs, which can have an affect on your delivery time.
    Except thats wrong, its only free of charges if its a gift AND under £36 in value!

This is indeed true, but if they are willing to tick the 'gift' box, they also usually tick the 'vat exempt' box too

I got a DNS3500 that way, although I didn't ask for it! A pleasant suprise when it turned up none the less.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Mentor

Fairy muff, although Id probably rather have my expensive gear marked correctly just in case It got damaged or lost!

Nice one giorgio1712 cheers for the advice

Not sure how legal this is but I got a set of CDJ1000s from america and got them to write warranty replacement on them and a value of $10 and I didn't pay any charges at all
    SC | MC