New(?) 18/20mm pushbuttons from Sanwa
    Tech Mentor

Default New(?) 18/20mm pushbuttons from Sanwa

On Lizard Lick's catalog there are two new Sanwa buttons:
    (http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/...hbuttons.shtml)

- Sanwa SDM-18 Pushbutton (18mm hole)
    - Sanwa SDM-20 Pushbutton (20mm hole)

I think we can use them for arcade mod, so we can cover the old rectangular holes with the new ones...

What do you think about it?

well, since there's only 5mm between each rectangle its gonna be a really tight fit 'cause of the edge on each button, but it might just work :]
    Last edited by VoOFA; 10-29-2008 at 10:34 AM.
    deephouse mix click here
    bangin' house mix click here
    VCI-100SE arcade button mod pictures here
    myspace/runehund
    doggydog.net

Those light up ones look like some major fun

Anyone tested these buttons on yet?

I have test buttons from lizard lick but not the 18 and 20mms. This company sells a lot of the same stuff the happ controls does... but with a better selection. They also are really fast about shipping... in the usa that is.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    I have test buttons from lizard lick but not the 18 and 20mms. This company sells a lot of the same stuff the happ controls does... but with a better selection. They also are really fast about shipping... in the usa that is.
    Which did you test, and did they work? I need 'em to ship to Denmark, so it's quite important that I get the right ones the first time lol

Watch out on the size of the buttons, the ones everyone have been using are already smaller buttons as it is compared to standard arcade buttons. Any smaller and it could prove difficult to be able to mash them as fast(to do triplets) because you wont have room to mash the button with two fingers - especially if you have big fingers. When i am mashing the Sanwa 24mm buttons using two fingers(to get the fastest action)the middle of my finger is tapping the edge of the button - for the record my fingers are pretty average sized.

If you dont care about triplets and more care about reducing the resistance the button requires to push to activate then the smaller buttons will be fine - if you want to do tripplets proceed with some caution until someone can confirm they can be mashed just as fast.

Other than that - this is really cool, i hope they do fit, this would really make peoples lives so much easier and we might see even more VCI-100 modders !

Edit: Also the pics look like the buttons have a lot of travel - id highly suggest one person checking these out before everyone starts rushing out to buy them.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 10-31-2008 at 01:36 AM.

good points bentosan!

@ rallevondall - i ordered my 24mm buttons from Lizard Lick aswell, and their all good, so have no fear in ordering from them ;]
    deephouse mix click here
    bangin' house mix click here
    VCI-100SE arcade button mod pictures here
    myspace/runehund
    doggydog.net

Default Deutschen ge-knappen

Cool.. I really love this forum! I'm all new, but the activity - halleluja haha

Can anyone of you guys help me out with these buttons? I found a shop a bit closer to me (which is in Denmark lol), but I'm not all sure about the sizes. And by God this VCI's going to get modded!

These are the ones I found (located in Germany) http://www.arcadeshop.de/Seimitsu-Bu...black_724.html

Oh, and now we're at it, anyone else from Denmark here?