Virtual Glass - Dj with a net friend

Default Virtual Glass - Dj with a net friend

I was reading though the KVR update email checking out some of the new vst's and what not that have been released and stumbled apon this very interesting VST.

Virtual Glass - http://www.kvraudio.com/news/10205.html

From the site:
    "In a commercial studio the engineer operates the equipment in a control room while the musicians, separated by a glass partition, perform their parts. Virtual Glass uses the Internet as the high-tech equivalent to the glass partition between engineer and musician. Its 3D design depicts a recording console and a "virtual glass" partition that functions as a video screen, so even the least tech-savvy user feels right at home using the plug-in for real time sessions.

To use Virtual Glass, you need a recording program, a high-speed Internet connection, a Web camera, and an eSession user account. Installation is simple, and there's no copy protection. The software works with any Mac-compatible Built-in, USB or FireWire camera for real-time video; the camera mic enables voice communication with the talent.

You can connect to other users and stream audio in real time from your RTAS, AU or VST host application to any other RTAS, AU or VST host over the Internet. You can use any Core Audio input device as a discrete talkback channel (for example web cam mic or your Mac's built-in mic). You can sync the connected machines via Rewire sync. This enables everyone around the world to collaborate in real time."

For those wondering if there is going to be a windows version - "Windows versions will be released in the first quarter of 2009"

I personally think this is pretty cool, i dont see no reason why it wouldnt be possible to do realtime dj colaborations using this software over the internet ! It even keeps things in sync which is pretty impressive, this sort of thing is possible at the moment but this program certainly makes the whole thing alot easier to do.

Tech Guru

Thats pretty damn dope.

Requires decent net connections to operate decently tho I expect... so litz on NZ then :[

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    Thats pretty damn dope.

Requires decent net connections to operate decently tho I expect... so litz on NZ then :[
    Yeah the same goes for here too i am afraid
    A shame cause it would be sick being able to do these colabs with as little fuss as necissary.

w00t, can't wait to try this one.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

And yeah.. dutch connections' slightly better.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

cool, just gotta wait for 2k9 then, we got some good internet here in Sweden to
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff