If you were waiting for a reason to get Live 8 and Max for live, here it is
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default If you were waiting for a reason to get Live 8 and Max for live, here it is

http://www.ableton.com/movies?type=tutorials

It's the video on the top of the page, the Schwarzonator.

Unbelievable to say the least, will totally change the game for the better me thinks if more people start to catch on to it.

Looking into getting Live 8 and Max for Live now as we speak.

so you can play cords without know squat about playing them...I LOVE IT!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Banned

Chords and scales

just watched it half cause i'm really tired:

at first glance it's quite nice, but i was quite dissapointed, cause now every baby can press buttons and it sounds nice. no more musical skill.
    gonna watch this 2morrow morning
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Banned

But that's the beauty of it, once again the playing field is being leveled even more and now more people can be creative without have to take the time and effort to learn music theory.

I know a number of world class musicians, they are simply amazing at what they do, but they are not creative in the least bit oddly enough.

Just because you are one doesn't mean you're another.

Music theory is not a road map to creativity. It is a tool used by musicians to be able to talk about something, kinda like a language. Using this language, music can be dissected to be able to look at the parts and discus them. And unlike science, the music can be reconstructed using the same tools! But that isn't creative...

Creativity is another thing all together, but when you can creatively use music theory, the world is your oyster.

Phil (who is feeling philosophical...no pun intended).
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I like how his interview was basically him saying, "well…i always wanted to make music, but i was never willing to put in the time or effort to do it…so thankfully there's a magical computer thing that i sorta-kinda helped write so that I don't have to."

Come on.

It's not hard to learn fingering for an instrument.

At least his live music sucks (at least, for the part of the video i watched).

Banned

Some people would rather focus on the creative aspect of music instead of taking the time to learn an instrument. His DJing and live performances are top notch as well and his productions and remixes are instant classics and ooze quality.

One of my favs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KacsU8YCwXk

I don't understand why you have the need to attack him though, we're not discussing him but the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I like how his interview was basically him saying, "well…i always wanted to make music, but i was never willing to put in the time or effort to do it…so thankfully there's a magical computer thing that i sorta-kinda helped write so that I don't have to."

Come on.

It's not hard to learn fingering for an instrument.

oh god, as if musicians who play acoustic instruments dont make similar generalized statements about dj's. where is your objectivity? the name of the game is having fun with sound - dont be such a ponce.

This will open up a few doors for people that always 'heard' the music in their head but never knew to to technically play them. Its going to be interesting what people are going to come up with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast