Constant timecode on control CD? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

dodge you should rethink trying to do this. It sounds to me like you are essentially wanting to make the decks more like a controller. IMHO I think that is not a good idea because you are going to be readjusting your workflow more than you think. Again IMO the advantage of using CDJs with a DVS is that if something crashes you can easily switch over to playing regular CDs (I use mp3 CDs) very easily and quickly. Wouldn't you want to stay in the habit of track selecting/loading so that if the worst case scenario happens you are still in the same mental work mode? It might save your bacon at a gig.
    Last edited by ArcLyte; 05-17-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    Traktor Pro
    Serato Scratch Live
    Denon DN-MC6000
    Timecode CDs

Tech Guru

I am still having this issue, tried on Mk1 1000's and Mk3's, same on both. Can no one confirm with CDJ's that they can get constant timecode for me at all? There must be someone rocking Traktor with CDJ's on here? I tried it with Serato and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcLyte View Post
    dodge you should rethink trying to do this. It sounds to me like you are essentially wanting to make the decks more like a controller. IMHO I think that is not a good idea because you are going to be readjusting your workflow more than you think. Again IMO the advantage of using CDJs with a DVS is that if something crashes you can easily switch over to playing regular CDs (I use mp3 CDs) very easily and quickly. Wouldn't you want to stay in the habit of track selecting/loading so that if the worst case scenario happens you are still in the same mental work mode? It might save your bacon at a gig.
    I mix up my set all the time. I go from internal, to external, to relative, to absolute all the way through my set. If I had to switch to regular CD's I wouldn't have a problem remembering to select tracks. Right now I am using Serato and Traktor simultaneously in the club I play in. I have CDJ's and controllers, I am constantly having to think about what I am doing so don't worry, I'm on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12