Constant timecode on control CD?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Constant timecode on control CD?

Is there a way of having one long constant timecode track on the control CD's in Traktor? You will never run out of time code signal on the vinyl cos if you let the needle run to the end it will keep spinning on the last groove of the record so technically you never have to put the needle back to the beginning or worry about it running out mid track. Is there a way of doing this with the CD's so that you don't have to skip to the beginning of the track on the CDJ?

Also, what are the different tracks for? There's 3 tracks. The first one lasts like 30 secs or so, the last one is like 2 mins. I'm assuming one of them is to be used as the search feature or something? Can anyone fill me in?

Thanks

you could use the looping function on the cdj

also if you use the last groove on the timecode alot its gonna wear out in no time, its a back up solution to make sure your track doesnt run out, not something to rely upon.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post

also if you use the last groove on the timecode alot its gonna wear out in no time, its a back up solution to make sure your track doesnt run out, not something to rely upon.
    If I use the looping function wouldn't that make the track loop? I'll have to try later tonight. I'm guessing you just loop it up and whack Traktor on absolute mode?
    Yeah for sure the last groove will wear out but it just means the tune won't suddenly stop and you can put the needle back to the beginning when you realise it's there.

no you want relative mode on, not absolute - which means the cue function wont work on the cdj... but u get that - use the cue function on ur midi gear

Tech Guru

I meant relative, sorry. Ok sweet, that's cool. I use the cue on my launchpad anyway.

Cheers

As for the other 2 tracks.. if I recall correctly, one is for track search, and the other folder search.. well its something like that.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Guru

This didn't work. The track kept skipping backwards every time the CDJ's got to the end of the loop. I was in relative mode. I found that if I put the CDJ on loop the track would skip but if I moved the position of the track internally it would be ok. But as soon I loaded a new track it would skip again due to it being at the beginning of the track.
    I tried a few different things, like having a massive loop time on the CDJ etc. but nothing was reliable. There was always a skipping issue somewhere.
    Any other ideas?

Thanks a bunch

If it were in relative mode it wouldnt loop, only absolute mode would loop :\

As long as your loop points fall on an identical sample i dont see why it should be having issues

Tech Guru

If it were in relative mode it wouldnt loop, only absolute mode would loop :\

As long as your loop points fall on an identical sample i dont see why it should be having issues
    My thoughts exactly. But it was definitely jumping backwards when in relative mode. And what do you mean by "As long as your loop points fall on an identical sample"?
    I'll try again tonight, it might have been a glitch that required a reboot or something.

Tech Guru

Looping the CDJ and putting Traktor in relative mode 100% doesn't work for me, the tune just keeps skipping back. Can anyone with a CDJ confirm this at all?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast