Forget the death of vinyl, it's the death of TT's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Forget the death of vinyl, it's the death of TT's

The fact vinyl died out (or still is dying out) was sad, but at least control vinyl kept the spirit alive. The saddest thing for me is the fact I've gone into every bar/club where I'm staying abroad and it's pure CDJ's. I find it very saddening indeed!

No one said "progress" was good. Change for the sake of change is always shite.

But, at the same time, standing in front of the runaway locomotive of progress and screaming STOP only gets you run over...

In the immortal words of Burt Munro, "Make do".

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Sad, yes. Unfortunately most clubs I go to have shit sound anyways, so MP3's are appropriate. I'm just glad I don't need to lug vinyl around...

Serato killed vinyl sales, with the death of vinyl....turntables became very expensive and club owners said (Chales) or Hell NO to repairing and or replacing 1200's.

Sure you can find a pair of 1200's mk2 on craigslist for 400.00 bux. But try to buy some new 1200's. Ived seen the price for 1 M5G for 800 or 900 bux!

my two pesos
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I just think less people are bringing vinyl into bars/clubs now so whats the point in having a pair of decks (i mean from the duffus managers point of view).

Also bar owners have learnt that if a Serato or Traktor DJ wants to play he can use CD timecode so they dont even think about the vinyl guy.

I think the death of vinyl (whilst totally over exaggerated anyway) is one thing but as more DJs decide that digital is the way more of them will decide to go backwards (so to speak) and try vinyl timecode and hopefully that will keep the decks in the clubs.

It surprises me just how mant guys on this forum are using controllers but also want to try vinyl be it timecode or traditional.

Despite what that cock that posted on here a few weeks said there is still a place in the modern, digital forward thinking DJ world for decks.

To be honest id be surprised to see decks in a high street bar/club if i was on holiday in some tourist sun trap.

BTW - where are you Dodge you lucky fucker? Somewhere warm ?

Tech Guru

Seriously, I'm pist about this too.

They made great stands for my EKS Otus lol.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    To be honest id be surprised to see decks in a high street bar/club if i was on holiday in some tourist sun trap.

BTW - where are you Dodge you lucky fucker? Somewhere warm ?
    I'm in Majorca. Got a full time gig for the summer. They kept banging on about keeping it commercial but I put my twist on things on the first set and dropped some cheeky house numbers and a bit of DnB, dancehall & reggae, and bust out a few scratch moves. The crowd & bar staff all loved it and the boss kept coming up to me high-fiving me. They want me all summer now. Fucking chuffed to bits. Met loads of other DJ's who are all really keen to work with me on shit. I met a beat boxer who was awesome and we worked on a few bits. I recorded him live. I'll post it up in a bit in a new thread.
    Really having a good time, it's fucking great considering I was close to topping myself a couple of months back cos shit was just not going my way.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Awesome ... Rock it man. Sounds like a blast !!!

Tech Wizard djcelebrityt@hotmail.com's Avatar

rememeber a lot of new djs will not even have vinly records cds being the norm

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    I'm in Majorca. Got a full time gig for the summer. They kept banging on about keeping it commercial but I put my twist on things on the first set and dropped some cheeky house numbers and a bit of DnB, dancehall & reggae, and bust out a few scratch moves. The crowd & bar staff all loved it and the boss kept coming up to me high-fiving me. They want me all summer now. Fucking chuffed to bits. Met loads of other DJ's who are all really keen to work with me on shit. I met a beat boxer who was awesome and we worked on a few bits. I recorded him live. I'll post it up in a bit in a new thread.
    Really having a good time, it's fucking great considering I was close to topping myself a couple of months back cos shit was just not going my way.
    SICK!

My bro is in Majorca every 2nd week.

Where you playing?

I will get him to come and see ya!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast