traktor too big for 4 decks on 13" mac - HELP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default traktor too big for 4 decks on 13" mac - HELP!

hey guys,

so im trying to fit 4 decks and use my macbook 13" but im really struggling to see everything.. i have made two of the decks not full size which helps, but i was wondering if there is a way to 'scroll/zoom out' in traktor or to fit in a bigger resolution on the screen than the native one.

I use a tool on my netbook with XP to effectively 'zoom out' and fit in a higher resolution - its a bit blurry but ok.

i used a tool called 'scaleresolution' which 'zooms out' of programs (made for dellhackbooks) but it makes all of the buttons hard to click in traktor.. so im still looking..

cheers

Paul

Banned

I run four decks on my 13 inch Mac all the time and never have issues with seeing everything. What is it that you're having issues seeing exactly?

Tech Student

One way i've found around this is just set keyboard shortcuts to change layout, then have different layouts depending on what you're doing. For example you could have: "4 decks, no file browser", "4 mini decks, file browser", and "no decks, full screen file browser"

I assume that's what you mean by "struggling to see everything" - as in having effects, decks and browser all on screen at same time.

what i did was add macro midi assignments to the hotkeys/midi buttons that i use to scroll through my collection/playlists and load tracks into decks. for example, i use my arrow keys to navigate my collection, so whenever i hit any of my arrow keys, traktor automatically switches my layout to 4 mini decks, giving my ample space to find a track. then i have 4 hotkeys mapped to load decks a through d. as soon as i hit any one of those hotkeys, traktor switches my layout back into 4 full decks + effects.

its a very simple solution and hasnt failed me yet

Tech Student

hey shmobleton thanks for the tip - that sounds like a great idea!..

Is there any way you could export just those parts to a tsi file that i could import, or perhaps its just easier for me to re-create it myself

well its easy. first set up your layouts. i have 2 - one has 4 full decks + fx and one has 4 mini decks and all browser controls. rename them to make it easier. then for whatever controls you have assigned to browse, also assign layout select - toggle - direct - "browser" layout and for whatever controls you have assigned to load decks also assign layout select - toggle - direct - "4 full decks" layout. it will take a second to get used to it always switching between layouts but you will soon love it

never had any problems here with 4 decks on my 13" mac i just mapped a button to toggle between 4 deck mode and full browser mode

i have trouble seeing 4 decks on my 19" lol, but then again i am old so..
    Acer E5 i7 2TB 16GB ~ 512GB SSD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ X1 ~ DN-X1600 ~ X1 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

"This aggression will not stand, man."

Was fiddling with this 2 nights ago.

If you have the normal 13" MacBook....your resolution can;t go small enough to allow you to see the FX banks....4 decks....and X-fader.

What I do is create 4 full decks...C and D don;t have advanced view.
    Remove the XFader (don;t use it)

Now I can see all 4 decks fully but C and D you can;t see the Cue Points.
    You can see the 2 x FX banks for A and B.

The cratescroll works well in Ean's TSI.....and it is used here too.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Is there a way to remove the browser from the bottom of the 4 deck view? I always search for my tracks by flipping to the full browser window anyways, so getting it off of the 4 deck screen would be good for me. I use my 13" MBP with no issues at all. Love it. Would like to get rid of the browser in the deck view though just to veal up that space.

[B]lanceblaise.com | podcasts

for booking requests :: please go to: projecttechno.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast