VCI-300....anyway to have effects?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-300....anyway to have effects?

just got my vci-300 and I already knew that effects were out but did'nt know if anyone has learned enough about it to map effects with the 300 or anything new...?

Tech Mentor

HEY WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY

well the lacks of effects on itch it look to be a big issue for many DJ that use midi controller....if your suing serato and you have a good mixer with effect it doesnt look to be a problem but you are using your VCI 300.....i would say the only ways to have effects on itch would be to have an external effect processor or have plugings on itch for each decks but idk if that possible lol

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply...I am only using the 300 now...so I don't know, but maybe someone will read this and send me to the promise land...lol

Tech Mentor

no problem I TRY my best ...i would recommend you to buy an external processor....like pioneer efx 500 or korg KP3....so how u like your VCI 300

Tech Convert

It's great so far...sound is great, mix is great, but no effect is the only draw back...itch is the best that i have used because of the grouping and crates make finding music fast and easy plus you can color code them...etc. lots of features.

Tech Mentor

congratulations and enjoy it the effects you can solve it with my options but thats going to be only to the master output........anyways once again welcome to the community.....if you have more question just let us know

Tech Convert

thanks for everything.......

Tech Mentor

Just to add to this question:

Would it be possible to add a simple usb-midi controller to a VCI-300 set-up for the purpose of triggering effects in programs such as Traktor? I see the 300 is being ported to Traktor quite neatly now, and I am very eager to see whether or not the 300 will be capable or integratable into a set-up with effects before I decide on buying a VCI-100 or a VCI-300.

If it's possible then I'll invest in a 300 now and then pick up an EFX-500 later or something, or if the Traktor mapping goes that well, I'll just buy a simple usb-midi device to be used for triggering the software effects.

I'm really curious at the moment anyway, because I'm hovering my cursor over the 'Buy' button on both the VCI-100 and the VCI-300. Really cannot decide! The 300 is a sexier piece of kit and seems to generally be of a higher quality, yet criminally leaves out effects that are integral to many people's DJ'ing. The 100 just seems a little too small and cramped to be used as a 'real' DJ'ing device, seems more like a bedroom toy and a fun practice gimmick!

Keep the effects off the VCI-300 and just get another device with some knobs and faders on it for your effects. I think the Stanton DaScratch is going to make a pretty interesting effects unit

Keep away from external hardware effects units, they are generally expensive and will degrade audio quality\signal strength. Also with midi you get to do your own thing, which is allways going to be better than any effects built into an effects unit.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the advice...

Could you use a relatively cheap USB-MIDI device such as the Novation Nocturn USB controller to map to controls within Traktor? If this would be relatively easy I'd be willing to take the plunge!

... Or it could just be lots of complicated hassle, haha. I hope the VCI-300 works properly within the new Traktor Pro, relatively hassle-free, it would really be a headache to try and assign effects to a MIDI-controller when the actual VCI itself isn't working properly! This basically boils down to YET another 100 versus 300 scenario! Oh joy.
    Last edited by afxz; 11-04-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast