Production Books that get into EQing and such

Default Production Books that get into EQing and such

Hi all, I'm looking for a decent book that covers something I don't know a whole lot about: EQing, and frequencies in general. Basically, I need a book that covers everything that isn't about synths and creating rhythm patterns and song structure and all that kind of thing.

What I'm trying to say is that I can already make a sound that has what I want, I just need to learn how to make it sound good, from a technical perspective.

Any thoughts?
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

CM (Computer Music) have done some decent issues "Make Music Now" "The Beginers Guide To Computer Music" "Fix Your Mix" and "09 Digital DJ Guide" which would contain allot of the info you would want i think you can still get them on back order off the computer music site

Banned

Look for books by Bob Katz. Amazing engineer,should be able to find some that fit your need

Banned

But in all honesty, if it sounds good then it's good. Just get in there and start tweaking those knobs

Here is a great little chart on frequency ranges

three books i have that are good

MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Look for books by Bob Katz. Amazing engineer,should be able to find some that fit your need
    Yeah, this is the Bible [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Audio-Second-science-Book/dp/0240808371/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273974952&sr=8-1[/ame]

Tech Convert

This is the book that enlightened me
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mixing-Engineers-Handbook-Second/dp/1598632515/ref=pd_sim_b_2[/ame]
    A must read imo
    ELECTRO BASS LIVES!
    CHP RECORDINGS LTD.

Tech Mentor

+1 to Computer Music. The biggest book that made a difference on me is Sample Magic's the secret of house music production - it's really useful.

To be honest though the best thing you can do is to get a set of decent monitors. Don't scrimp on them - at least Mackie HR-264's. If you haven't got them then you won't be able tell the right frequencies to cut and boost.

Tech Convert

FOR SURE! PLUS 1 ON GOOD MONITORS! I use 3 sets to gauge my mixes. If you go this route don't skimp on the switcher as a lot of them add artifacts like the mackie big knob and Presonus options...gotta go coleman, goldpoint or something of that caliber. You can't mix what you can't hear so ya, even more important than studying up is soundcard-monitor setup. Don't skimp on either! RME or even better, Lynx or Lavry for soundcard if you can swing it....if your on a budget Emu cards sound good but I would stay away from m-audio crap at all costs. Good luck
    ELECTRO BASS LIVES!
    CHP RECORDINGS LTD.

Cool

I'm thinking of getting this one... looks goooood!