Introduce Yourself - DjTechTools Roll Call! - Page 59
Page 59 of 381 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Welcome to the community Look forward to reading what you have to contribute !

Ahoy!
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I honestly cannot recall exactly what I was searching for that led me here. Might have been looking for reviews of CD players for DJ's. At first I was like...this looks like a neat place, open to new things, a bit out there for a guy like me just starting out. Then I came back, and back again, read a few more articles, and I was like - jeez, this place is *really cool*. I wish I found it before I dropped some money on a much to basic to do much with CD DJ rig.

Oh well, with time and a bit of frugality I can correct my mistake and maybe learn a bit here so when I am ready to make the leap, I won't be fumbling my cue points

Short bio:

Bedroom DJ in the early 80's - made mix tapes for friends, never played live.

Lost interest in that - but in the late 90's started listening to various electronica, and in the early 00's discovered di.fm Chillout. Started buying CD's.

Recently decided to make a stab at spinning live, bought a rig, soon found out it can barely do anything (Stanton: 2x Stanton S300's and SMX 211 - all fitted in a case) - can't set a cue, can't jog - all it has it a fast wordware/rewind button. About all it has is pitch control. I was looking to get Numark CDJ2, but they told me this was way more solid. Learned not to take the word of sales people. Wish I found this place first.

Now I need to save up for a laptop, one of your custom controllers and Traktor

Oh, I listen to.play anything from chilled voal trance, through sort of world beat electronica (ala delrium/banco de gaia) through psymbient (Shpongle et al), psydub and dark ambient to full out psytrance. Leaning towards the less full out though.

you had me at psy mate. welcome!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Default New to Forum

My name is Carl, I'm new to the forum, and pretty new to DJing.

I am from detroit and grew up on house, techno, booty, and hiphop. I have a cousin who is a dj that regularly travels the world with his crew, and I always listened to the mixes that they would make.

After years of stockpiling music I decided to torrent dj software and try mixing it, and then I started to think I could develop the same ear that my cousin had.

I am pretty much keeping my mixes inside my apartment, but I post 10 minute chunks regularly on esnips. I look forward to taking it up a notch in the year to come.

1. Justin Franklin
    2. Jacksonville, FLorida
    3. deep tech house

Just stumbled upon the forum here and am always looking for cool, online communities to share music with. I'll post some new tracks and dj mixes momentarily.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

wooo Delerium. If that's your bag you should give Conjure One a shot. Same programmers but different feel.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    wooo Delerium. If that's your bag you should give Conjure One a shot. Same programmers but different feel.
    We were fortunate to see both Conjure One and Delerium on tour together a couple of years ago, since then it seems Rys and Bill have drifted apart a bit, last Delerium Tour was just Bill.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

That's a shame. Though the last FLA album was pretty damn good
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

1. PGB
    2. North East of England, UK
    3. Tech House, Deep House, Techno, Electro