Introduce Yourself - DjTechTools Roll Call! - Page 62
Page 62 of 381 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Late Intro

Im 26...live in the US (Orange County, CA)

I've been DJing since I was 16...with one foot on the other side and one foot in the 9-5. I had the internal itch and wanted to "scratch" so I saved up a Summer job's worth of pay to get 2 tables, mic and a mixer with a 20sec sampler. I found out the hard way that no-name belt-driven tables and a mixer wouldnt let me sound like Q-bert.

After more work and a little help here in there I got a proper setup (2 12's, proper cartridges and a decent mixer). During this time my long love for electronic music grew and my attraction towards a declining "hiphop" scene decreased.

Late night college radio stations pounding out EDM by the likes of John Kelly and Tall Paul and any hint of the vibe I caught made my pulse race with passion. Venturing out to http://drfreeclouds.com/ and other local record shops every once in a blue moon only fueled the passion. Then I discovered the concept of my 1st "online record store" back in the dial-up days, AOL and "Rave On" 'chat rooms'.

Spending 95% of part-time school job cash on 12" was a dream and exposed me to a beautiful world of what I affectionately call "Techno". My limited knowledge of electronic music went from ambient & LA/Chicago Hard House to learning the roots of electronic music and loving the evolving modern genres.

I then bit the bug and hit my 1st event (a massive at the LA Sports Arena). From then I dove head 1st into the "scene". I followed the beat everywhere for about 5 yrs from the dank warehouses to the mountain forest to the desert. I had some great memories during this time but never fully devoted myself to my craft (to this day).

I recently transitioned to the "digital" side and got a VCI and Traktor. I love it and am trying to make the most of my time and am trying to "get out there"....while being married and having a 9-5... I guess the highlight of my "career" was spinning on a university's radio show http://riderskuci.pitas.com/

My styles are Techno, House, Prog, "Trance" and everything in between (EDM). I also play with Ableton, a BCR2000 a Trigger Finger a Korg MS2000 and a shit load of VST.

Im looking for somebody in the OC area to practice, party with, grab a beer with.

(oh shit...it said "intro"...not life story.......oh well)
    Last edited by rvltion909; 10-10-2009 at 12:57 AM.
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Welcome all, see you all in the forums!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

hey people, how's things?

I'm Scott McKenzie from Aberdeen, Scotland, UK, I've been djing for just over 12 years now, playing mostly deep & tech house at the moment, I also work for djstore.com

Tech Wizard

I want to get to know all the new dj's on the board....so here we go!

Not a new DJ -been playing out since around '92 but newish to the forum!
    Howdee doodee one and all.

1. Chris Da Mentalist / Kenny Jaeger / Chuntz
    Real name Chris Hunter

2. Preston, near Manchester UK

3. House, Deep house, Funk, Rare Groove, Disco, broken beat, nu jazz.. nice.

PS I work at www.dabs.com / www.businessdirect.bt.com
    IF anyone needs any hardware / ram / monitors etc hit me up and Ill do what I can on pricing for ya.

chunterbtbd@gmail.com

Tech Wizard

Hello - My name is Jim.First off here is little about me....I do produce you can check out my latest album http://cdbaby/technicaprojections..actually I do not produce anymore.I also created from the ground up Electrogroove Records, which I sold last year because it became to large for me to handle.I had artists from all over the world which I brought up and sold their contracts to EMI out of Switzerland....I know want to dj.I use Traktor pro and in a few weeks I'm purchasing the Vestax VCI-100SE.
    Although I do not have a mixer yet, I'm still tyring to master mixing.Its tough getting that smooth transition from one track to another and to be honest I have no clue what I'm doing.I do not even understand where EQ mixing comes into play, so if you have any suggestions that would be awesome.
    I'm also from Kansas and let me tell you there is no scene here at all, so I can not hook up with anyone who could teach me a bit.
    This site is awesome and I look forward to getting to know other dj's and I hope I can learn from you.

Tech Mentor

I forgot to do this a while back so here it does.

Priscilla (26)
    Los Angeles, CA
    Electro, dubstep and everything in between

This site got me back into something that I fiddled with when i was about 14. I started music way back with a drumset then got the guitar then got my first midi keyboard, went on a haitus due to finishing college and entering a design school and just got back into it about a year and half ago.

I def. turn to music when i am frustrated with design. It's been a savior and this site has def. been one too.

The tunes I produce are nothing like the tunes that I mix. My work has been described as that of Radiohead and stuff that should be on the soundtrack for the Matrix.

Besides all of that stuff I love riding my fixie bike in Downtown LA, doing design, and helping people out with what I have learned from this site and my involvement with music since I was young.

Much love to everyone out in the djtt community.

Hi all!

My name is Henrik, and I go by the dj name Drix. When I started out around '97 I called myself Lovedrix, but as the joys of 90's housemusic fell dead for a while and I turned to the darkside I skipped the Love part and went on as just Drix.

Today I play a range of genres depending on night, mood and crowd, but my main style is techno. Ranging for crowdpleasing bangers and mashup hits to deep dubby and dark. If the set is a long one I try to squeeze in som other genres as well to keep the set interesting and dubstep, elektro, hip hop and rock might all fit the bill on a good night.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Welcome all. See you around
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Welcome to the community, these guys are great and a huge help. Feel free to post and happy spinn'in

Hello, my names Josh, I'm 18 years old, from Lancaster (near Preston/Manchester) and I'm an addict... to music.

I just recently decided to buy a controller (Hercules Steel) after about a year messing around on VirtualDJ on and off, and because I'm sick of going to parties and listening to iPods (most of the time it's mine). So I thought "heck, why not!? I have this great passion for music, I might as well try to put it to better use than pressing menu, scrolling a bit and then hitting play!"

The majority of my library is Hip Hop (been into it since I was about 14) but for the last year and a half or so i've dealved into House (and all of it's incarnations) and am loving every second of it!