Trance vs techno
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Trance vs techno

hey guys,

I've built a decent techno collection in the last months, but my heart goes out more to trance. I just love the epic build ups and energy which just lacks in techno..
    Now my problem is whether to go for trance or techno dj-wise. I mean, whether you spin techno or trance, they are two worlds apart. Techno comes down more to effect usage and experimental mixing styles, while trance in my opinion is more straightforward, some times even a matter of 'intro/outtro' mixing and I'm afraid it will become boring.. What music should I play?

Any advice from my brothers here?

more questions a few posts later
    Last edited by sj03w4t; 05-15-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Banned

Techno music has plenty of energy and tension that can just tear a room apart. Not sure what you're listening to, but I would say stick with the techno route. Nothing better than being in a hot, sweaty dirty club at 4am listening to some chunky techno just chug along and keep that groove and mood going.

I love trance, it was my first electronic music love...But I pretty much solely spin techno (well, fidget house, and electro as well but ) as tracks usually have more room for me to really manipulate them and tweak them to my liking I also found out that not many college kids are into trance so it didn't really work at house parties, but pretty much everyone enjoys a good techno tune

Yeah my mistake I refer to it as techno but really it's called tech house. I like techno too, but there's so much sh*t tracks as well.. (any genre, I know)

It's just that when I spin techno/tech house I want trance and vice versa.. Well I'm probably just ranting now lol

And to follow up on this stuff: I've bought two turntables but I'm unsure if I should just buy Traktor scratch pro +audio4/8, or go full vinyl.. Even though vinyl is expensive, TSP and Audio 8 will set me back quite some cash as well, you can get quite some record for that. What's your thought on this?

Banned

Tech House has even more juicy numbers I'd say for blowing a room away, where techno would carry the room after peak time and just keep the groove and party going.

And I would say get TPro with out a doubt. Have to invest more now, but you'll be saving a lot more in the long run and will be able to have a more unique performance once you learn TPro

Yeah I've got Tpro now, but I'd like to be able to beatmatch/mix physically. Yeah maybe you're right about tech house and I should just spend more time finding floorfillers in that genre.. Or try to mix techhouse and trance

I personally like House more than both Trance and Techno, but I would vote for high energy Trance... Techno is sick too, but Trance is just the shizznit, plus it's really fun to throw acapellas over .

It seems like you should spin Trance if that that's what you are into now. You sound like you are trying to push Tech House onto yourself. Spin what you love. Sooner or later that love may change and you'll be onto something else. Unless no one in your area likes Trance. Then you wont have a crowd to play for...

Yeah maybe I'm just a little too worried about it all, should just relax (and rest!) and spin trance and once I get sick of it start going tech house or something different..
    I'm not too worried about finding a crowd to play for, since I haven't left the bedroom yet and I'm moving this summer to the other side of the country

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast