Competent with the basic midi functions in Traktor, need help with Modifiers
    Banned

Default Competent with the basic midi functions in Traktor, need help with Modifiers

I like to think I have a pretty solid foundation when it comes to Traktor Pro and it's Midi interface, but I'm trying to learn how the modifiers work exactly.

Current example/issue I'm working on. I have a fader on my Nano Kontrol set up as my Seek Position when trying to line up my deck on a beat so I can set CUE points, but every once in awhile I'll bump it and it throws the track way off when playing live.

I'm trying to set it up so that it's only active when I hold a key down on my keyboard, but can't seem to get it to work.

Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers and thanks for the help

I'm not sure what settings you have tried yet, but try this:
    The button on your keyboard should be set to Modifier#1, then in the Button Options select '1' and leave the modifier conditions blank.
    Then, the fader on the Nano kontrol should be set to the function you need it to be, and set modifier conditions to be M1, value: 1.

Banned

Tried what you suggested, still not getting anywhere

Hmm, I remember some topic about cross-controller modifiers not working correctly, I'll look into it, hope I can find something..

Just as a quick test: if you set the modifier to be a button on the nano kontrol, does it work then?

Banned

I'll give that a try

Banned

Phuck, seems like that was the problem.Looks like I have to go through and come up with a new layout for my Nano now.

Thanks for the help mate, appreciate it!

Okay I understand the issue now, it's outlined in this thread. Modifiers are not global, but there is a fix in that thread, so read that

I'm off to bed now (it's 0:35), sorry I hope this has helped you, goodnight

For modifiers to work across different controllers or the keyboard, then you have to set the device that will set that modifier to midi in / out, to 'all'.

However, for midi devices, this can also cause problems with the same notes on both controllers causing conflicts.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com