Switching CD's in Traktor

Default Switching CD's in Traktor

OK so I have tons of great house tracks organized, analyzed and ready to go for tomorrows pool party I am DJing.

So my friend (who owns the house) call me up today and says "yo man I am sorry for the short notice and you can say no if you want to , but my girlfriend wants to hear a hip-hop set mixed in there. Just a few tracks to keep her happy. If it's a pain in the ass, I understand"

So I have my good old CD case with tons of hip hop CD's when I use to play hip-hop back in the day. I figure I can just throw a CD in my laptop drive mix it , then eject it, put in another CD and throw down a kickin hip hop mix.

But no. Every time I eject the CD it's gone. Traktor stops mid song and nothing.
    OK. I figured that might happen. So I tried again and this time created a playlist and then dragged it in there. Then played it and then ejected the CD. Same problem. Is there a way to import the file into TRAKTOR ?

What would be the easiest way to solve my problem? Do I really need to copy it to the hard drive manually then drag it into TRAKTOR everytime?

Thanks.

couldn't you just burn a copy of the CD and play it as a track in Traktor? Or even just use another audio input (like a backup IPOD or old school single external CD player?). That's what I'd look into I guess.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

these are DJ CD's I made a while back. They are raw tracks. I want to DJ with them like mix and beat juggle and loop and stuff. You know, throw down a set. But I don't have time to go through and import every CD. Plus they are custom tracks compiled and burned by me. So the won't come up in CDDB. What a pain !

I had the same problem and realized that you have to import the CD track into Traktor collection and analyze it to make it work but there's not an option to import in the menu when you right-click over a CD track in Traktor's browser so I tried to drag the track to the collection icon and it worked but don't forget to analyze it after importing it or it won't play properly.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud