presonus firebox mixer question

Default presonus firebox mixer question

so for some reason my firebox will only set up the outputs correctly if i open the presonus firebox mixer app before i open traktor (or while i already have traktor open i believe). i dont have to leave the mixer app open, i can then close it and the outputs will be configured correctly, but it is just a little annoyance i have to go through everytime i open traktor. does this happen with any other users? anyone have it figured out so that i dont have to open the mixer app everytime i want to run traktor? im on osx by the way. any help is much appreciated.. thanks people

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

My solution to that was to use 0/1 for the Cue, and 3/4 for the main output, you loose the front panel master gain adjustment but it means no pissing round with the config app before a gig.

Set your traktor master gain to about -13 dB if you take this route as the output is no longer attenuated by the front panel adjustment, when I first did this it was at a sound check on a very loud system and I forgot to turn the master down - was dead for the the next three hours...

i just had the mixer software auto start on startup, made things a little more automatic...
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Didnt someone write a Script that ran the Firebox Mixer when Traktor was started.

Im sure i read that on this forum.