NI Maschine vs. NI Kontrol X1
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default NI Maschine vs. NI Kontrol X1

Hello DJTT,

I currently was just about to buy the kontrol x1 but then i saw the maschine in action both live and in production...

what do you think I should buy
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Guru

what are you gonna use it for? I think they both awesome --- I personally looked into both and realized for my style I wouldn't use a maschine to its full potential and could do just as much with alot less. I have X1's

They are totally different devices at two completely different price points.

For the price of the Maschine i think you could buy like 3x X1's

Edit: 2x X1's - my bad
    Last edited by BentoSan; 05-17-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    They are totally different devices at two completely different price points.

For the price of the Maschine i think you could buy like 3x X1's
    So true. Maschine is 600 and X1 is 200 bucks.

Maschine is cool for djing, but I think intended more for production, and the X1 is pure DJs.

Tech Guru

Well they are selling the maschine for 500$ which is 2 x1's but I have seen richie hawtin and dubfire use the maschine in their set-up which I thought I would use it for djing and production

But either way I'm going to add one of them into my set-up
    I already have 2 cdjs to control decks a & b
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

Tech Guru

With the X1's you can control just about every feature inside of traktor. I think it would be a great addition "for DJing" to your current set up on your sig. It's not a big piece of equipment.

ive seen the vids of hawting and dubfire using maschine to process effects, and hooked up to another computer. Me personally I'm not there yet, I would think you could do lots of ableton control for those purposes with a less expensive controller (APC).

I'm not familiar enough with maschine and its production software, but I'll tell you the X1's make a GREAT addition to a traditional DJ set up. Not sure what you are using now to scroll for tracks, set loops, controll effects, etc?

I'm guess you might just do those functions on your hard ware (effects on the 800, loops on the CDJ's, etc)?

Tech Guru

I also use my djm 800's midi to control some of traktor effects buy I'm still thinkin of what to purchase because in a way the maschine is a 2 in 1

Tech Guru

yeah I see what your saying. chances are you could map everything an X1 does to maschine and still have the maschine for other purposes. More buttons = more options also. It's just bigger and more expensive.

I don't think you'll get anything "more" from the X1, its just a smaller, cheaper and better layed out for DJing.

Tech Guru

Yea right now the things that are makin me think more is
    X1 is cheaper. Maschine more $
    X1 fits in flush. Maschine has more control

But you can buy 2 x1s for 1 maschine -_-

Tech Mentor

you could probably have the equivalent controls of 2 X1s and more on ONE maschine
    Its got 11 encoders and a hell of a lot of buttons
    plus you get the production software and a ton of samples

I think the Maschine is more value, which is why I got it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast