zune...

Thread: zune...

Tech Mentor

Default zune...

so...
    i got a zune.. got it all setup and then realized something...
    the zune software ripped all the ID3 data except track name, album, artist, and date and then cut all those to a certain length...

i had to recently reinstall windows and i am having a hell of a time getting everything fixed... luckly i had a backup from about 4 months ago, so now i just need to fix a couple dozen tracks instead of a couple hundred...

to fix this, im going to keep all my djing material in a separate location and then have a copy of it in the zune folder...

so yea... be careful if you get it.

When you first set up the zune software it asks if you want it to update all your id3 information, or only fill in missing information. Thats were it went wrong.

And you should always have your music....in as many places as you can! i have it on 4 harddrives...excessive yes.....safe....very.....
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Tech Mentor

yea... now i still need to go back through my zune and edit all those... which sucks...

i dont have time or the money to have it on more then 2 drives. i do plan on burning everything to MP3 CDs at some point. but i dont have time.