Karlos: Traktor vs Itch Please.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Karlos: Traktor vs Itch Please.

Hey Karlos...I noticed you changed you Icon to I Heart Itch. Can you elaborate on the differences you like. I am considering the leap to a Xone DX.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post
    Hey Karlos...I noticed you changed you Icon to I Heart Itch. Can you elaborate on the differences you like. I am considering the leap to a Xone DX.
    This makes two of us brother man!!

Hey the Serato forum has a bunch of horror stories on the version of itch that comes with it. Karlos's "I heart Itch" I think came from him scratching it up on a VCI recently.

Another forum member just got a DX and is trying it out. Waiting for his review -- but I think you convinced me man. Plug and play!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Oh crikey... That was just a joke because of this thread: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=13420&page=4

MaxOne made the avatar because i said i had been trying Itch out .
    The only reason i am trying Itch is to use the VCI 300 and hi-res midi Jog wheels.

Ok, heres what I think. Please Itch fanboys dont batter me after this.

Itch is basic. It has a lot of what Traktor has but in a less sophisticated way.
    I find the Browser really clunky and not helpful if you have to zip around multiple playlists in one set.
    Im used to Traktor so its hard to use another app. Plus you cant map the VCI 300 differently ... What the fuck is that about. I dont want the stock mapping, i want to create my own... This will be a serious mistake if it isnt changed in Itch 2.0

I havent used Itch that much but i am very impressed with the tightness of VCI 300 jog wheels and the waveform in Itch. Its a great combo. It blows the VCI 100 out of the water but its what you would expect i suppose.

I spent about 30 mins with just 2 tracks, beat juggling (badly) and just messing with the jog wheels i was so impressed. I really want Traktor to have this.

Itch as it is now, not enough for me. Its solid and seems reliable but it isnt feature packed enough or intuitive.

I guess Itch 2.0 will be a big step forward and i will definitely try it for the simple reason that 14bit Jog wheels are amazing.
    I mean i love my VCI100 but i have totally seen the light with the VCI300. Anyone who thinks the difference is not that noticeable is tripping.

What id say in your case is that the A&H DX works 100% with Traktor so theres no need to use Itch if you dont want. The Traktor Bible guy has written an amazing TSI for the DX and Traktor. Remember the DX jogs arent hi-res so you arent missing anything by using Traktor.

Until Itch 2.0 comes out The DX and Traktor are probably better suited to each other.
    If Itch 2.0 turns out to be as good as they say the scales may tip towards Itch but... and this is a big but, i dont think that Itch 2.0 will offer anything that will make it more fitting for the DX than Traktor.

I guess i should change my Avatar !!! Sorry for the confusion.

Im not about to jump ship.

Tech Guru

I think the DX is in my future. As I told Haze the other day I am done with impulse buying. I have owned so many pieces of gear it's not even funny. This time I am holding out and waiting for my ADD to settle down before making a new purchase. So far I have been in lust with the DX for 2 months, once I still desire the DX for 3 months the deal is done!

My name is BigBeatzz and I am a Gear-aholic.

HAZE PLUG AND PLAY HOMIE!!! LOL
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

LOL yeah i hear ya. The DX is a good controller. If its jog wheels were more like the VCI 300 i would already have one.

I guess what i want is this:
    4 channel, 2 X1s and VCI 300 jog wheels. Traktor Scratch Certified for turntables .

This is clearly knocked up in 10 mins on Photoshop.

Tech Guru

^^^

That thing is a dream machine of beauty.

If that controller existed we'd all be rockin it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    LOL yeah i hear ya. The DX is a good controller. If its jog wheels were more like the VCI 300 i would already have one.

I guess what i want is this:
    4 channel, 2 X1s and VCI 300 jog wheels. Traktor Scratch Certified for turntables .

This is clearly knocked up in 10 mins on Photoshop.
    pass your design over to the R&D labs karlos... please!!

Tech Guru

Soooo...what you're trying to say Karlos is that Itch is better than Traktor?

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Soooo...what you're trying to say Karlos is that Itch is better than Traktor?

Did you read any of what he wrote? :P

Tech Wizard

Having never used itch, I can't really vouch for its qualities... just gotta say I love traktor and i love gear!

I don't have much right now but i'm pretty much getting my hands all over whatever I can..

this summer i plan on getting the vci-100se from DJTT so we'll see how that goes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast