Speakers for DJ and General Use
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Speakers for DJ and General Use

Hey guys, Im thinking of picking up some speakers soon as atm im using my logitech pc speakers. The obvious choice is a pair of KRK's, but is it possible to kill 2 birds with one stone and get some speakers that I can use for both listening to music/watching TV/PS3 and for DJ'ing?

I fear that good speakers for TV arent good for DJ'ing due to the tendency to beef up the sound, and DJ speakers aren't good for TV etc. as they are literally crystal clear. But hey maybe there are some speakers and maybe someone on here knows of them!

Cheers

Well i personally don't believe that "crystal clear" can be bad for any listening situation, plus truly "crystal clear" monitors burn serious holes in pockets. I think if you get KRK's RockIt or something alike you'll be able to use them for all the purposes you mentioned.

Tech Mentor

Will the KRK's be loud for when I wanna blast out some beats and forget about revision?

Tech Wizard

@lverocket : just bought those for stage monitors. Does it worth to also buy the stands ?

The stands are NEEDED for proper sound. If you put them on the floor you're really limiting yourself.

I could go into detail about it, but I'd just say look it up. There's way too much technical information about using stands and such to get proper sound out of your speakers.

Even building stands for cheap is a viable option if you can't afford to drop $$ on the premade ones.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I had the same setup set or 2.1 logitech pc speakers with a sub, I replaced them with a set of Fostex PM 01's for mixing and using as monitors and they are brilliant and decent at the price can't go far wrong with those.

Tech Wizard

I have a pair of M-Audio Bx8a's and I love them! Picked em up for $400 brand new, too! I use them for watching movies off my computer, but you'll need an interface /w to run them of course.

Studio monitors, if you get the right ones, will always sound great! If you're using them for production, it'll take a few months for your ears to get used to their sound. But once you get familiar with their color, you'll be able to mix for any medium.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dry_bones View Post
    I have a pair of M-Audio Bx8a's and I love them! Picked em up for $400 brand new, too! I use them for watching movies off my computer, but you'll need an interface /w to run them of course.
    I have these and when I have a few friends over the house this is what I play on and they fill up my living room with no problem. They have good amount of base. Not sure how they would do with TV.

For a long time I just hooked up my laptop + sound card to my surround sound when I had friends over and it did the job for casual music playing and also for watching movies.

I think your thinking about it far to much. Speakers for the house don't need to be anythin special in my eyes. Unless you live in a massive house with massive rooms you'll be fine. I would say them mackie thumps are overkill!

I use a set of maudent short bookshelf speakers for my decks and tv.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast